3800 dealer told me they flashed my DHP program

After my reman trans was installed the warranty adjuster told me they flashed my PCM back to stock specs. . .

i was on a closed course (i'm a professional driver
blah9mg.gif
) and i had it up to 132mph! - i thought that the stock PCM limits you to a max of 126mph?

Did they flash my pcm back to stock specs?? wtf?? if that's the case how was i able to exceed the speed limiter on the pcm?

it's hard to tell if it shifts at 6K.. and i forgot about the two minute fan run-on.

To hook up perf. shift i need to get more wire and a switch . . lets do this on thurs or friday.

As far as the dealer and my warranty concerning the PCM, all i told them was to "not flash the pcm" when i spoke to thre warranty adjuster he just flat out said that he told the tech to re-flash my pcm to stock specs. My response to that was i told him i have the PCM set up for optimum fuel economy cause i do alot of highway driving - but he wasn't buying it. lol.

i'll check out the shift points and fan run-on and see what happens.

it still doesn't explain why i was able to go past the pcm speed limiter.
I hit 132mph and was pulling hard.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Do your fans stay off when car is turned off. Does your car stay at 180' even in traffic? Does your car pull hard from ~40mph? Those are probably the easyiest way to tell if your DHP is working.

Is xierxior is right about the tire size your speedo could be off. Dont you have a non-stock tiresize on your car. like P245 50R 16?

Originally posted by vipermike2002@Apr 19 2006, 08:17 AM
Do your fans stay off when car is turned off. Does your car stay at 180' even in traffic? Does your car pull hard from ~40mph? Those are probably the easyiest way to tell if your DHP is working.

Is xierxior is right about the tire size your speedo could be off. Dont you have a non-stock tiresize on your car. like P245 50R 16?
[snapback]122466[/snapback]​

well i checked things out..

1.) the fans stay on for two minutes after i turn it off.

2.) i have the skip shift 38mph to 1st gear

3.) i DO have 245-60-vr16 tires

i still don't know if i hvae the DHP program.. i'm going back to the dealership and just gonna ask the tech if he did or not - lol

Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Apr 20 2006, 01:38 PM
You just answered all of the suggestions people made. You still have a DHP
[snapback]122618[/snapback]​

i just got back from where i had the new tranny installed and spoke to the tech that worked on my car..
He (the tech) told me he knew the warranty adjuster was bustin my balls to make me sweat - lol. They really need the work right now so they wouldn't turn me away. IIRC a R&R trans job pays 8-9hrs..?
Anyway he told me my DHP program is still intact! whoo hoo!
i offered to buy him beer for his efforts but he refused..what a stand-up dude!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info