3800 Funny Job Quitting stories?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I was curious if anyone had any funny job quitting stories? This happened to me a couple years ago when I was working at a local restaurant part time.

Im sitting there cooking food and its getting pretty busy. There are about 30-40 people cooking throughout the back of the restaurant. So it gets pretty hectic, and the restaurant strives on having the food out fast and well prepared. In the middle of the rush, one of the new cooks drops his tongs (BBQ) and starts walking for the door. When he reaches the hallway, he turns around and yells.."Well, its been a pleasure working with all of you, Except for you Mark (manager). You can burn in hell". Then continues to walk out of the restaurant. The room couldnt stop laughing for the rest of the night.

Anyone else?

Mike

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Here is one..

I picked up a 2nd job to help pay for my Engine debt from the 1st one...

So i started working at Famous Footwear...

I mixed up the two dresscodes at both workplaces.. apparently you CANNOT wear shorts at Famous Footwear.... i came in one day wearing kakhi (sp?) shorts and it was busy as hell in the store..

I proceed to the back to punch in.. my managers says

"umm ryan... you know you cannot wear shorts while working"

I said "Really??? no one told me... umm.. well.. do you want me to go home and change" (thinking it would be the nice thing to say... didnt actually think he would make me)

he said "Yes.... actually i would"

I stopped what i was doing... turned and just stared at him. I looked down and walked out saying "okay i will be right back"

Just as im walking out of the building, i see my 2 friends from college in the parking lot... who i havnt seen in weeks... i literally shoot the shit for 30 minutues right outside Famous Footwear.... The manager is looking at me everytime I look at him... it found it funny.

My friends were like "Isnt he going to get mad"

I said "Meh whatever he wouldnt let me wear shorts... even when we were busy he made me go home to change"

I talked to them for another 5 minutes..... casually drove home taking the scenic route, enjoying the summer...

I chill on my PC for about 10 minutes, my dad comes downstairs and asks why i am not at work. I tell him that i quit because its a BS job and i have to be fake to people. (you all know how i hate being fake to people :) )

So i call up the manager and tell him that i quit... he asks "why?"

I told him i have a problem with one of the manager's and i hung up the phone.

I worked there for 2 days and got my 30% off my sweet kicks :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, I didnt get fired for this stunt, but someone else that tried it after me did. :lolsign:

When I was 17 I worked at the Cubs in Streamwood as a bagger since they wanted to try it out there first to see how it went. (cubs was a BIY place)

I was running late for work on a Saturday morning and forgot to shave my little stubble. Saturday morning shoppers are insane. The place fills up around 7AM. So naturally, we were busy from then on.

The cashier I was bagging for shut down for lunch so I went to the manager to see what he wanted me to do. I asked "What do you want me to do??" He stares at me and says "I neeeed you to shaaave." in a very Lumburg style voice. I stare at him and say "ooook" :confused: :crazy: Then he goes "Seriously, you need to shave before you do anything else. You can either buy stuff here and shave upstairs or go home." I said that I didnt have any money and that I was going to go home.

Well, I got home and no one was there. I chilled and watched tv. Had some breakfast. Called my buddy and went out. I guess while I was out, the manager called looking for me. :lolsign:

My next day of work was on Tuesday. So I show up at 4PM and the manager is standing by the time clock. Just standing there. No papers or anything. Im guessing he was waiting for me. The conversation went something like:

Him - What happened Saturday??

Me - What do you mean??

Him - I told you to go home and shave.

Me - Yeah, I did.

Him - Why didnt you come back??

Me - You never told me to.

Him - ................................. <_< I guess I didnt. Next time you come back.

That next weekend I got another job and stopped going to work at Cubs. LOL. Just stopped. Didnt call. I went and picked up my check and said have a nice life.

Ohh to be 17 again and not NEED a job.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
my last day of work at Farm and Fleet i completely shrunk wrapped one of my managers cars on my break. i almost got done with the night then i hear her page me.... i said well.... see you guys later to the people in the department i was working with in that area and left out the shop doors. she called the cops on me. wen they got there they laughed at the car. then she tried to have me banned from the store, and that didnt work for her either.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I've never quit a job in a novel or funny way, usually just gave notice and left cordually.

However, if I were to ever win the lottery, I wouldn't quit my job then either...I'd get fired...and it would end up on CNN with some laughter!
(Think, soiling my boss's desk...and chair...and door knob...and so on...I would follow that up with filling his office to the ceiling with ping pong balls!)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info