3800 Syp's car

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Ryan came by today. We put in a gutted cat to drop his boost a little, and fixed a few little things.

Took the car out for a scan. MAP Kpa topped out at 139 during WOT. Saw 0 KR (until he let off, then a blip of 2 degrees). The spark table I made for the car is closely tied to boost, so less boost + more timing.

During WOT we saw 22.5 degrees, I was pretty surprised we could get that much w/o KR. 02's stayed steady at .933mv.
Gotta love a stock pullied car with headers!

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Mar 30 2006, 09:52 PM
So am I to assume that the cat is what was causing some of the false knock after this latest motor was put in? I don't know what has been up with it besides having a "perfect Ron Vogel tune" :p

Speaking of limiters, 130mph is it for me on the DHP.. atleast its better then the 108 one on the stock cpu.
[snapback]120099[/snapback]​

since when does dhp put speed limiters on their pcms? my intense pcm has been up to 148+ mph :eek:

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Apr 3 2006, 07:09 PM
They dont, I have a feeling it might be a catalyist overtemp protection thing kicking in.
[snapback]120587[/snapback]​

That is what it is. Our early regal units didn't have that adjusted as we didn't notice that the factory went from 800 to 500 on that setting, lol. We did make a post a long time ago about swapping out units to fix that.

Mistakes happen, at least it wasn't a piston popping type mistake. :)

I

imported_Diavolo

Ron, (or Charles, or Ryan), Can one of you explain this to me? Ryan said in a diff post (I think on clubGP) that since the BBV and FPR was not hooked up to the LIM and MAP that the PCM was not commanding extra fuel for the boost, but the PCM was going into a "dump fuel" mode where it was just adding a bunch of fuel. Did I understand this correctly, or did I misread it.

I found the quote from clubgp
From me not having that last connection, i would be running LEAN AS HELL up top... Ron Vogel can explain it better... but it has some sort of "DUMP A SHIT LOAD OF FUEL" mode when you get in the upper RPMS.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
You fuel pressure regulator increases the psi to the injectors as you increase boost. Since his fpr wasnt hooked up to a boost line, the pressure wasnt being increased. The fuel injectors didnt know this, so they just opened like normal, with the assumption the the fuel pressure had been increased. However, since it wasnt increased, less fuel was getting through the injector. So he was running lean up top...and rich during cruise/idle. The only time he had a good mixture was the microsecond that he was at 0 vacuum/boost.

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info