3800 Might be buying this Mustang GT tonite

I

itlnrob

Still hard to believe I'm going to be doing this, but the Grand Prix should be sold on Friday and I may be buying this car tonite.

01 GT with 42,000 Miles, 1 owner, clean

91171857.187354703.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by itlnrob+Mar 29 2006, 06:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP
@Mar 29 2006, 05:26 PM
i like it my buddy has 1 just like it but manual and has bullets but it looks good
[snapback]119987[/snapback]​

I'll post pics tonite.
[snapback]119990[/snapback]​
[/b]

Bought it, but pickin it up tomorrow.

I'll have some snap shots for everyone.

I will still be part of the board!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! :)

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Mar 29 2006, 11:52 PM
I'm also a little confused as to why you want both a Mustang GT, and Trans Am.. is there any other reason then "because I can?" :p
[snapback]120016[/snapback]​

Well, I'm gonna be honest. The Chevy dealer that services my car pissed me off and I blew $400 for no reason on the GTP. So I just over reacted and said fuck it. I"m selling the GTP and buying a FORD.

I've been a GM guy my whole life, but now I got pissed at Horizon Chevy in naperville and this is what they made me do!

Its not gonna be bad as far as monthly payments. It will be pretty cheap cause everything I get for my GTP, I'm putting down as a down payment and I'll have a newer car.

Maybe GM will be better to me. So far the Trans Am still makes me hold on to GM somewhat. LOL :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by itlnrob+Mar 30 2006, 12:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaturdaysGS
@Mar 29 2006, 11:52 PM
I'm also a little confused as to why you want both a Mustang GT, and Trans Am.. is there any other reason then "because I can?" :p

Well, I'm gonna be honest. The Chevy dealer that services my car pissed me off and I blew $400 for no reason on the GTP. So I just over reacted and said fuck it. I"m selling the GTP and buying a FORD.

I've been a GM guy my whole life, but now I got pissed at Horizon Chevy in naperville and this is what they made me do!

Its not gonna be bad as far as monthly payments. It will be pretty cheap cause everything I get for my GTP, I'm putting down as a down payment and I'll have a newer car.

Maybe GM will be better to me. So far the Trans Am still makes me hold on to GM somewhat. LOL :lolsign:
[snapback]120018[/snapback]​
[/b]

So, a bad dealer experience made you sell your car and say fuck GM?? My car would have been gone almost 2 years ago if I had that mentality.

IMO this is a "because I can" move.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by Fish+Mar 30 2006, 12:10 AM-->
Originally posted by itlnrob@Mar 30 2006, 12:00 AM

So, a bad dealer experience made you sell your car and say fuck GM?? My car would have been gone almost 2 years ago if I had that mentality.

[snapback]120019[/snapback]​
[/b]

Because I can? Man I'm not trying to show off, or anything else. Cars are my hobby. It's an expensive ass hobby. Right now I still live at home, and am waiting to get my career started one day as a police officer. I will have really low car payments on both cars, and that that.

A lot of people enjoy cars in this club. So now I gotta catch crap for selling my car for another? I don't get it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by itlnrob+Mar 30 2006, 12:12 AM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Mar 30 2006, 12:10 AM

Because I can? Man I'm not trying to show off, or anything else. Cars are my hobby. It's an expensive ass hobby. Right now I still live at home, and am waiting to get my career started one day as a police officer. I will have really low car payments on both cars, and that that.

A lot of people enjoy cars in this club. So now I gotta catch crap for selling my car for another? I don't get it.
[snapback]120020[/snapback]​
[/b]

Im not giving you shit cause you can. I would too if I could.

Im just saying its kinda stupid IMO to sell a car cause you blew 400 for no reason at a dealer. Ive blown more then that at a dealer and not had to. That taught me something. Dont be a sucker. Not to sell my car.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by Fish+Mar 30 2006, 12:16 AM-->
Originally posted by itlnrob@Mar 30 2006, 12:12 AM

Im just saying its kinda stupid IMO to sell a car cause you blew 400 for no reason at a dealer. Ive blown more then that at a dealer and not had to. That taught me something. Dont be a sucker. Not to sell my car.
[snapback]120022[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well my car is a 1997. It's almost 10 years old. Things I'm sure will start going wrong with it. So for my new small payment for this 2001 GT, I bought a warranty for 4 yr/48000 miles from FORD directly. No bullshit warranty company.

It is just a piece of mind cause I hate dealing with dealers and paying for repairs.

Call me dumb, stupid, crazy, but thats just how i am. I'm too picky.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by itlnrob+Mar 30 2006, 12:20 AM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Mar 30 2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by itlnrob@Mar 30 2006, 12:12 AM

[snapback]120022[/snapback]​

Well my car is a 1997. It's almost 10 years old. Things I'm sure will start going wrong with it. So for my new small payment for this 2001 GT, I bought a warranty for 4 yr/48000 miles from FORD directly. No bullshit warranty company.

It is just a piece of mind cause I hate dealing with dealers and paying for repairs.

Call me dumb, stupid, crazy, but thats just how i am. I'm too picky.
[snapback]120024[/snapback]​
[/b]

And theres nothing wrong with that. Just saying your gonna trade in a tried and true 3800 for a Ford?? :lolsign:

Congrats on the car though.

I

itlnrob

well, I am going to miss the scream of the Supercharger that is for sure!

I'm also gonna miss the loooks on peoples faces when they lose to the GTP.

I have to part with it. It was good to me. Plus, I met a lot of great people from this board, so It was all in all a great experience.

I will continue to post and everything like I normall would! Everyone has been helpful when I had questions.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by syP@Mar 30 2006, 10:20 AM
KB 2.4L that shit
[snapback]120055[/snapback]​

Nah, I can't do that.

I bought an $1800 warranty 4 yr/48000 miles.

It will probaly just get an intake, xpipe, and tuner.

When I drove it, it seemed about up to par with my GTP.

We shall see. Those things shift into 2nd gear pretty damn nice. I was impressed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info