3800 SOLSTICE MALLETT WITH PICS

My dealer friend sold a Solstice few months ago and the customer wanted the Mallett conversion, and it just came in today. That engine looks like it was made to be there. The only bad thing is that it only has 1 exhaust pipe, but it sounds sweet!!!!! I'll post more pics tomorrow when we get it in the light and some of the underside too. Enjoy the pics! :yay:

sg7uv5.jpg

sggvbt.jpg

sggvx0.jpg

sggxzb.jpg

sggz00.jpg

Here is a small sound clip
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=sgh98k

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by Fish+Mar 29 2006, 01:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Mar 29 2006, 12:33 AM
wtf is a mallet v8?
[snapback]119929[/snapback]​

Its probably just a name.

IIRC isnt it a LSX motor??? If so, thats definatly a 12 second car at least since its a V8 on a gocart
[snapback]119931[/snapback]​
[/b]

It's a regular solstice, with an LS2 with a T56 behind it...

400hp in a car that weighs next to nothing....12 second car is being incredibly conservative.

MT

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by Ten32+Mar 29 2006, 02:48 AM-->
The Mallet V8 is a Solstice conversion with an LS1 V8, they're good for low 13s - high 12s.  HOT little cars... I'd kill to have one.

That guy's lucky, too.  He gets what is quite possibly the coolest chassis number ever.
[snapback]119935[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Mar 29 2006, 02:59 AM
soo.. ls1 or ls2??

The Surgeon General never said anything about smoking a Ford.

wanna try my ford? :)
[snapback]119936[/snapback]​

From the Mallett Site:

Introducing the Mallett LS2 V8 Solstice!

And Coming Soon: The Mallett V8 Sky!

All the horsepower of the Corvette slammed into the Pontiac Solstice. The 400hp GM LS2 engine is an awesome addition to this super slick roadster. Mallett Cars has engineered it as a complete package. Extensive track and street testing has been done to assure that this car handles better than stock on either a Sunday drive or on a road course. The cars are complete from front to back using Genuine & Official Licensed Products of GM with the stock OEM catalytic converters in place to assure state emission compliances. Our package retains stock features such as cruise control, ABS brakes and all OBD-II diagnostics. And only Mallett Cars will back this kind of performance with a 2-year, 24,000 mile warranty.

MT

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
My mistake, it is an LS2, not LS1.

syP, sure I'll race you! Not saying I'll win, but I'm not one to turn down a challenge... hell, I'd race a Viper if I lined up next to one. Is your SHO modified? I'm going to be up at Union Grove on April 9 (probably) with some of my co-workers driving a 2003 WRX auto and a 2003 G35 sedan auto.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by SINr247@Mar 30 2006, 03:45 PM
not to throw off but did anyone know that the new solstice GXP is running 20lbs of boost, i know its a small turbo but still. 260hp 260tq-  2.0 forged internals
[snapback]120077[/snapback]​

Thought it was a 2.4L, or at the smallest 2.2L. IIRC the ecotec doesnt even come in 2 L anymore.

Forged internals, Direct injection, variable valve timing, oil squirters. 260 is a power level needing a much better turbo. Strap a 20g on it and 300+ is probably not far away at all.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info