3800 Changed front 3 spark plugs

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Cylinders
1--3--5

-The Autolite 104 Copper plugs are about 10-15k miles old
-3 is the "whitest" had a gap of .66 (cylinder I have been getting misfires on)
-5 is "tanish white" had a gap of .64
-1 has a little white forming at the tip of the arm had a gap of .62
-I have not run any fuel additives, and run only 93 octane.
-My ltfts are in the negatives constantly, I have a 97.5 is it backwards for us where negative is positive and positive is negative? I know it reads something like that with the timing when scanned IIRC. I could be wrong.

edited: forgot to mention the car only misfires after being WOT more then a few times, the first time or two it'll be fine, but the more it happens, the more it acts sluggish when downshifting and hesistates then misfires. I am going easy on it from now on, dont need a chipped piston.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
genral rule of thumb white is lean golden brown just like a perfect marshmello running good verry dark or black runing rich now if one cylinder is runing lean I'm not shure what would cause that but If I remember right the center cylinder in the front and back are prone to run more lean than the rest but if you look at a dhp file they have them tuned richer than the rest to counter this lean condition, not shure if they do that form the factory though

brett

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info