3800 98 GTP vs 04 Impala SS *Video*

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well this kid I know his Dad has a 04 Impala SS, but my friend mostly drives it so I guess it could be called "his". Anyway, I told him I wanted to race him because I think it will be a good race, the Impala and GP are basicly the same car. (except that the Impala is 300 pounds heavier than the Grand Prix.) This kid has been going on multiple forums asking people how to race his car, and if he could beat a GTP, etc, so oviously he wants to race. Whenever I am down to race and I ask him he replys with some ricer ass excuse. Some of his excuses are...its too cold outside, its too hot outside, my car has too little miles, my car has a full tank of gas, I need a oil change, Mke uses BP gas, and I use Meiger, Mike has a Intake, etc etc etc.

DSC02336Small.jpg

Well one night with alot of pressure from all my friends we got this kid to agree to a race, no money involved, just a friendly race to see which car is faster the GTP or the Impala SS.

My car is a 98 GTP with just a Intake, and u-bend delete, I ran a 14.6@95 with almost a 2.3 60' time, I had only a intake, and I left my headlight in, and had no weight reduction. I have 70,000 miles

My friends 04 Impala SS is bone stock, with 7,000 miles, and my friend isnt the best driver.

We raced two times. The first time I spun really bad tolike 50mph, and the SS was sticking with me through 1st and into 2nd gear. I pulled hard on him later on and beat him by like 3+ cars at the end. My other friend was filming at the finish, which is a farther than a 1/4 mile I know this because I was doing like ~110mph when I passed him.

The second race, my friend in the SS just gave up because he was getting beat again. Idk hes just gay like that. Well check out the video I made in like 15 min with windows media player....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2189039931785068857

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Good kill Mike. I read you are using Meijer gas. Correct me if I am wrong. You should only use SHell or BP IMO. Places like Dominiks, Jewel, Meijer, Thortons, Kicks 66 have crap gas probably even more crap in the winter due to the winter blends they use

Actually my friend used that as a excuse not to race me because he uses Meijer gas, and I run BP. I wouldnt think of filling up anywhere else, but BP.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by syP+Jan 19 2006, 02:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-framos242
@Jan 18 2006, 10:07 AM
You think he didn't want to race you???  :lolsign:

Good kill.
[snapback]110714[/snapback]​

yaaa he will get his bitchass owned from a roll
[snapback]110799[/snapback]​
[/b]

Only ricers and people that cant launch wanna go from a roll.

Take your beating like a man or dont race. :ph34r:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
yaaa he will get his bitchass owned from a roll

idk man, I think my car is ok from a roll with my little mods. I traped at 95mph many times at the track almost stock. I beat my friends 04 BMW 330ci from a 25 roll, by more than a car, and I stayed with him from a 70 roll till like 110. BMW's are known for there high end power, and the 330ci is the fastest 3-series they make (besides M3, but that is a M series).

I got videos too, there from like a year ago when my car was completely stock down to paper GM air filter. My friend captured the video in a weird format so it freezes windows media player everytime I try to edit them. Let me see if I can get another video out of these...

Next meet or whatever, I could race your SHO, it will be a Honor to be in one of the sYp racing videos.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by itlnrob+Jan 19 2006, 01:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Jan 19 2006, 10:20 AM
uppercase P!!!! get it right :)

Ya man i was kidding around... but i wouldnt mind puttin a beating on a GTP :)
[snapback]110820[/snapback]​

Ryan, you are turning into a ford monster
[snapback]110832[/snapback]​
[/b]

Its netchemica2. :lolsign:

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Jan 18 2006, 06:26 PM
Good kill Mike. I read you are using Meijer gas. Correct me if I am wrong. You should only use SHell or BP IMO. Places like Dominiks, Jewel, Meijer, Thortons, Kicks 66 have crap gas probably even more crap in the winter due to the winter blends they use

Actually my friend used that as a excuse not to race me because he uses Meijer gas, and I run BP. I wouldnt think of filling up anywhere else, but BP.
[snapback]110750[/snapback]​

x2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info