3800 just spent a crap load of money.....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
alright well i bought the following...

VS cam (and all nessecary parts to install)
105# springs
AFC 2.2
TOG Headers

I think thats it...as if its not enough. What do you think with those parts and my current mods is a 12 sec pass in my reaches? i also and going to get 42.5's also but i am already running a 3.0 w/ out going static...3.0 w/ pump gas and no knock good for 12's?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
You should be able to hit 12's with the VS no problem since you already have a SSIC. I have run a personal best of 12.81@105 MPH on slicks and 12.92@111 MPH on street tires with my set up and full interior. Here is what I got:

VS Cam
TOG Silver Ceramic
105# Springs
New retainers, pushrods, hydraluic lifters
DHP V1.0 (all standard nothing has been tuned)
Wizair CAI
Pulleyboys Quikchange 3.0 pulley
160 drilled t-stat (will be changing to non-drilled in spring)
R/T Highflo Cat
SLP Loudmouth exhaust
MSD 8.5mm wires
autolite 103s

As you can see the VS is running fine for me with supporting mods. I think if I ever get the thing tuned and some cold weather and slicks (personal best was nationals on a 90 degree day) it will run into the mid 12's. So there is no reason why your car driven correctly won't get you into 12's. Hope this helps and good luck, you will love the cam :D

I

imported_Diavolo

I have no regrets with my VS. I get good gas milage, very streetable (been through one winter and have had no problems this winter yet either). I also run on stock timing chain and tensioner with no problems yet.

The car is very fast (when it is running right), but you can barly hear the cam lope. If you want the sound, get the XP.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Dec 14 2005, 08:32 PM
zzp said xp cam is only 4 hp more than vs....and vs is way more streetable...and i have drag radials...i should be able to pull 1.7's out of them...
[snapback]107387[/snapback]​
is that from zoomer or the sec. tim , tim is not a car builder he works for a place that does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info