3800 mechanic

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
hey does anyone knwo how to rebuild a 1st gen eagle talon turbo motor , i just bought one but it needs all new pistons and rings installed,

im getting the parts this week , has anyone actully built one of these before, im trying to get it running so i dont have to drive the grand prix during the winter,
i like that one to much, i might get a rebuild kit is this suggested, i will give full details of what went wrong if anyone will help

thanks

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I have a friend that is a HUGE DSM guy. He use to own a shop with his dad, but his father passed away and sold the shop and now works out of his garage. Anyways if you want a rebuild for cheap he's the man. He just completed one for his buddy. It running 30 lbs of boost. Should be doing a mid - high 10sec car with a John Shepard trans in it. His name is John Drew. A lot of people know who he is up at Gary&Shick or at Strats. Great guy and he will not bullshit you.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by MIKES3@Oct 25 2005, 04:00 PM
I have a friend that is a HUGE DSM guy. He use to own a shop with his dad, but his father passed away and sold the shop and now works out of his garage. Anyways if you want a rebuild for cheap he's the man. He just completed one for his buddy. It running 30 lbs of boost. Should be doing a mid - high 10sec car with a John Shepard trans in it. His name is John Drew. A lot of people know who he is up at Gary&Shick or at Strats. Great guy and he will not bullshit you.
[snapback]102111[/snapback]​

yeah i basicly got a car and a half both 91 talons and a bunch of go fast toys already on it, and new oz rims for 500, its just it has no compression,

can you give me your friends number or a way to get ahold of him, ill get ahold of him for sure, if he's good, im basicly looking to rebuild it to working order, if theres a small price dif in price for better stuff ill probly get it, but i at least need it running soon for winter

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by MIKES3@Oct 25 2005, 03:00 PM

30psi....and only running high 10's........doesnt sound right. whats the gearing? heads?

I have a person here in town that has an extra set of 1st gen rods/pistons, or if you want 2g pistons..I have 4 of those. with 1st gen rods, and 2g pistons..you can make close to 500 easy. what goodies do you have. no cmpression..sounds like someone didnt time the engine right. might need new exhaust valves.

I am building my 2g rigth now. I just need to pick up some bearings and I can throw it back together. It is relatively easy to do. what turbo are you using? or is it the stock TD05? if aftermarket, do you know if the coolant lines have been rerouted?

how does the head look? any valves white? what exactly do you want to do with it? dailey driver? or street/ strip, or full all out race? the 6 bolts are good motors.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by GTPPWR+Oct 26 2005, 01:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Oct 25 2005, 03:00 PM

30psi....and only running high 10's........doesnt sound right. whats the gearing? heads?

I have a person here in town that has an extra set of 1st gen rods/pistons, or if you want 2g pistons..I have 4 of those. with 1st gen rods, and 2g pistons..you can make close to 500 easy. what goodies do you have. no cmpression..sounds like someone didnt time the engine right. might need new exhaust valves.

I am building my 2g rigth now. I just need to pick up some bearings and I can throw it back together. It is relatively easy to do. what turbo are you using? or is it the stock TD05? if aftermarket, do you know if the coolant lines have been rerouted?

how does the head look? any valves white? what exactly do you want to do with it? dailey driver? or street/ strip, or full all out race? the 6 bolts are good motors.
[snapback]102161[/snapback]​
[/b]
I GOT IT FROM THE GF'S BRO HE HAD IT FOR A YEAR, ITS GOT 150,000 ON IT, I GUESS THE BLANCER OR SOMTHING BROK ADN THREW THE TIMING UP AND ALL OF THE INTAKE VALVES SMASHED, HE TOOK THEHEAD OFF AND PUT HIS EXTRA 91 HEAD FROM HIS FIRST ONE ON ADN TIMED IT PRETTY CLOSE,A DN FIRED IT UP, IT RAN FOR 5 MINUTES, THEND SLOWLY DIED, HE DID A COMPRESSION TEST, AND #1 HAD "0" AND #2 AND "20" HE DIDNT BOTHER WIHT THE OTHERTWO, HE JUST SOLD IT, SO THATS WHERE IM AT, ID LIKE TO GET IT RUNNING AT LEAST FOR A A COUPLE MONTHS THEN THROW A LITTLE INTO IT, RIGHT KNOW ITS GOT A K&N STUCK TO THE STOCK MAF THING(IS IT A MAF FOR THIS YEAR?)A DOWNPIPEAND MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST HIGH FLOW CAT, VDO GAUGES,A BOOST CONTROLER, FOG LIGHT REMOVED,TURBO TIMER, AC DELETE, BETTER FANS AND I GUESS ARE WIRED TO GO ON AT THE SAME TIME, EXTRA FENDERS, SAME COLOR, EXTRA FULL INTERIOR-MINT, A 16G TURBO THAT HE IS CURRENTLY PORTING AND POLISHING LIGHTLY, A GEN 2 SHIFT KNOB, A SET OF EXTRA HEADS, THE 14B IS SUPPOSABLY PORTED AND POLISHED BUT HE GOT IT WITH THE CARAND THATSWHAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER SAIDHE ALSO SAID HE TOOK IT TO THE TRACK, AND WITH TRACK WITHTHE STOCK RIMS ON SHITTY TIRES, NO EXHAUST WORK AND 13 LBS OF BOOST RAN 14.4...NOT BAD
I THINK, ILL PROBLY PORT THE MANI AND O2 HOUSINGWHEN I PUT THE 16G ON

BUT I NEED IT RUNNING, O AND IT HAS OZ RIMS,NOT UGLY ONES EITHER,ALL FOR 700 BUCKS

HOW MUCH FOR THE 2G PISTONS AND 1G RODS, THERE ALREADY MOUNTED THO RIGHT, I KNOW ILL PROBLY HAVE TO REBUILD THE WHOLE THING, DO YOU KNOW HOE MUCH A BRAND NEW 4G63T IS I MIGHT JUST DO THATBUT I KNOW THE 1G RODS ARE STRONGER THO, AND ID LIEK TO KEEP ITA 6 BOLT
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info