3800 Anyone Going to Great Lakes Dragaway Tomorrow?

D

Dom87SS

i will be there tonight. got a buddies car back together. gotta see if anything changed. i get in at a discounted price, so i am a regualr at the track. also as i live less than 30 minutes from it, its almost a shame to just waste away a week day when i can spend all night at the track.. if anyone is ever going , post it up and ill see what we are doing. plus

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Like I said... I will be there tonight with my friends in there silver Maximas. I will come probably at 6:00 and leave around 11. Wednesday is probably the best day to-go during the week because every Wednesday they have the jet cars racing, for a few runs.

They run 5's at like 300mph!!!
DSC04740Small.jpg

Yeah, the Jet Cars are nuts, they are soooo loud!

Dom87SS: How do you get a discounted ticket?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
They still hosing down the tower when those bad boys run?

I was staged 1st in line when they pulled them out last time...

Got a bit warm/smokey behind those things!

-Ironman

Yeah the still hose down the tower. But I hear that soon they are going to get 2 jetcars and just burn the tower down to the ground, because its over 30 years old. When I was there last night the guy said tickets to watch will be $100 to sit in the close angled seats. And the money they make will go towards a new tower.

The Jet cars wernt that great last night. Only 1 out of 3 actually made a good run. The first jet car started leaking gas all over the track when he was almost ready to race. So oviously the run ever happend and the jet car had to be fixed. The second jet car shut down half way down the track because of some problem (he still ran like a 8 sec 1/4 mile lol). But the 3rd jet car made a flawless run at like 5.50 @ 285mph, so at least everyone got to see one good run.

D

Dom87SS

i get tickets from a guy i know, being there so much ive come to know a few people. it helps out a lot

and my friend was supposed to run his jet powered go kart last night. but for some reason decided not to (im thinkin he is starting to get scared of it). he has dumped tons of money into getting this thing to work, and we had to talk to ray and marceil several times to figure out if IHRA required any type of special protection for jet powered go karts. no such rules exist, so i guess leathers are going to work. but anyway, if he doesnt want to run it, i deffinatly want to. i mean if i have the chance it would be one in a million. most people say im crazy for wanting to seriously run this thing, but i like speed, and well no one i know (except for the owner) has the cahones to do it.

on a side note ive been tryin to get the kid the turbo/spray snowmobile to let me make a pass. i dont think it will ever happen, but im gonna keep tryin. he went 8.06 (new unreleased world record that as we know of only i have on video) and has been trapping at 170 latley

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
on a side note ive been tryin to get the kid the turbo/spray snowmobile to let me make a pass. i dont think it will ever happen, but im gonna keep tryin. he went 8.06 (new unreleased world record that as we know of only i have on video) and has been trapping at 170 latley

What kinda snowmobile was it. I saw a newer blue RX-1 running 8's when I went to the track a few weeks ago, was it that the kid?

D

Dom87SS

Originally posted by vipermike2002@Aug 18 2005, 10:56 PM

What kinda snowmobile was it. I saw a newer blue RX-1 running 8's when I went to the track a few weeks ago, was it that the kid?
[snapback]95491[/snapback]​

thats it. it says simmons turbo on it. looks like a stock sled, but has avery well built custom chassis, and fiberglass body. they are tryin to keep the track on it i\right now. as it uses a stock yamaha track. in testing (slowing it down to make 60ft time adfjustments) it was running 8.30's at 163 with the new motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info