3800 Dropped IAC in engine bay

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
while installing my gmpp struts, i lost one top bolt on the strut........

anyway, i drove 50 some miles :blink: back from LP 3800s mod days and as I was turning a corner, I heard a clang in the engine...

Stopped the car and saw the bolt about 10 feet in front of the car! :lolsign:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Aug 14 2005, 07:36 PM
while installing my gmpp struts, i lost one top bolt on the strut........

anyway, i drove 50 some miles :blink:  back from LP 3800s mod days and as I was turning a corner, I heard a clang in the engine...

Stopped the car and saw the bolt about 10 feet in front of the car! :lolsign:
[snapback]95100[/snapback]​
thats funny as hell me and my buddy were wrapping our crossover pipe with dei
and we dropped a wrench and socket in the front bumper, which just added to the other wrench thats in there and like half a socket set

that little open area near the hood latch is dangerous , i suggest gm come up with little cover for there, to big of a gapfor the little latch, or if anyone works on there car stuff a thick rag right there, ull save some time and tools!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I dropped something down into the cam valley on an old motor, and had to take the oil pan off to get it...nice waste of 4 hours. Or the time when I put rockers/springs on my GTP and dropped a valve in the cylinder, 3 hours to get that out. Before I took out all that crap in front of my radiator I lost plenty of stuff in there...lots of 10mm sockets!

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 15 2005, 03:46 PM
I dropped something down into the cam valley on an old motor, and had to take the oil pan off to get it...nice waste of 4 hours. Or the time when I put rockers/springs on my GTP and dropped a valve in the cylinder, 3 hours to get that out. Before I took out all that crap in front of my radiator I lost plenty of stuff in there...lots of 10mm sockets!
[snapback]95212[/snapback]​
yea, I've lost a couple 10mm deep wells, always loose the one's you need the most.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info