3800 Scanners and good gas FTW

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
All last week I was scanning the car with my powertuner. I didnt do any tuning but I tried to kill some of the knock that I had. I was getting a max of 7.5* at WOT.

I picked up a scanmaster (way cooler to monitor KR and other paramiters without having to lug around the laptop) and it arrived today. I ran the wire all sleek like and hooked it up and mounted it on the steering column. I also filled up yesterday at Shell instead of the normal Speedway I goto.

Here was the max KR on the way to work. This thing also has a recall feature so Im not trying to stare at the scanmaster while going WOT. Takes the highest KR point and the O2 level that WOT and saves them.

ATT16907687.jpg

Shell>Speedway. Killed 4* of KR alone by switching gas.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I don't know if it's the same where you live, but the speedway here has 92 octane for their premium. Not that one octane point is going to kill 7.5 degrees of KR, but i also agree with panda on the unmarked trucks comment. Same reason i refuse to buy gas at Woodmans even though its usually considerably cheaper.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yes. I ran the cord under the dash and tucked the excess into the steering column. It also reads and clears OBD II codes.

They are normally $350 from PFYC, but I held out and got one that was 4 months old for $190 shipped. Thought about getting a OBD splitter and seeing if I can use the powertuner and scanmaster at the same time. It probably wont so Im not gonna waste my money and time. Would be nice if it did though.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Fish said:
Yes. I ran the cord under the dash and tucked the excess into the steering column. It also reads and clears OBD II codes.

They are normally $350 from PFYC, but I held out and got one that was 4 months old for $190 shipped.

Sweet, do those aeroforce gauges wire up the same way? Im also looking into a smaller scanning device.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
vipermike2002 said:
Fish said:

They are normally $350 from PFYC, but I held out and got one that was 4 months old for $190 shipped.

Sweet, do those aeroforce gauges wire up the same way? Im also looking into a smaller scanning device.

Yes, the aeroforce hooks up the same way. I dont really care for them since they refresh pretty slow compared to a real scanner or a scanmaster.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
I run speedway in the escape nearly every time.

Because it really doesnt require premium gas and I run injector cleaner through often enough, and I usually fill up one tank of premium every couple months to clean stuff out. And with my Speedway rewards card I get free shit which is nice.

Im thinking maybe I should with to 89 octane though. Becuase I recently discovered its a 10.1 compression motor. Which really isnt on the low side, but nor is it high. I dunno.

Honestly with the SHO I use only Shell or BP premium. I did use speedway a handful of times but I always try and get to a Shell or BP.

I put half a tank of Meijer 100 octane in when my tank was empty and my car was gutted. That was a load of fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info