3800 Lemont car show

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Hey, I know there was a couple people that wanted to go last Wed. but got rained out. I'm gonna be heading up there tonight, and it would be nice to see some more GP's up there. It's gonna be a beautiful night, and there are some really nice hot rods and classics that go up there, and pretty good food. Sorry bout the short notice. It starts at like 5, but i dont' get up there till about 6-6:30
CJ

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 27 2005, 04:00 PM
what time does it go till and where in lemon off I55?

Could stop by around 8 or so if people are there......
[snapback]93347[/snapback]​
not sure a short way to get there off of I-55, I come from romeoville, so I take 135th (romeo Rd.) to 171, take a left, and another left on State, and that takes you right to downtown lemont, take a left right before the bridge and go under the bridge, and that is where it is at. So if you know a quicker way to get to the state St. bridge into lemont, it is right below it all along the streets down there, but it ends at 9pm, and I have to go to work afterwards. I have a Wed. night off in two weeks so if you come then, I would actually be able to go grab a couple beers afterwards. I'm usually around my car or by two '04 GTO's.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by syP@Jul 27 2005, 05:17 PM
is there like an address or somethin that i can mapquest?
[snapback]93370[/snapback]​
It's on Canal street in Lemont, if you google Lemont Cruise Nights, on the left hand side near th bottom there is a map "button" that shows you where it's at, but not necessarily how to get there. So you can mapquest one of the numbers on Canal St. and it should take you right there. If you want to get into the show, then come under the bridge via the sideways "U" street right before the bridge if coming from state or just go straight if you are coming from the right on that map
cJ

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
party, call me and give me your number......if I dont pick up, leave a message.

mine is 708 707 6881 cell

SYP, im coming from chicago so i cant meet up.

I think ill take lemont road on 55 and head south.....that I believe will get me near that huge bridge over the river and the downtown lemont area???!?!

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 27 2005, 05:51 PM
party, call me and give me your number......if I dont pick up, leave a message.

mine is 708 707 6881 cell

SYP, im coming from chicago so i cant meet up.

I think ill take lemont road on 55 and head south.....that I believe will get me near that huge bridge over the river and the downtown lemont area???!?!
[snapback]93374[/snapback]​
Party?
Yea, it's right under that bridge on Canal. Takin off up there now, don't have a cell. Maybe I'll see you guys there.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 27 2005, 09:00 PM
i was there around 820 and didnt really feel like walking around aimlessly since you didnt call.

That an I got my workout/car repair clothes on and there was no where to park the damm CAR!

looked crowded as hell.
[snapback]93400[/snapback]​
My cell is shut off so I couldn't call, if you ever go up there again, I am always parked under the bridge or right near it.
I was crowded as hell, most cars I have ever seen up there, I ended up next to some guy with BMW M3 just talking and talking and talking. Tells me he could eat up any grand prixs, camaros, or mustang. :blink: He may be able to take my car, but I'm callin BS on that. Glad my bosses kid showed up to keep me company, so I didnt' have to keep listening to this shmuck.

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
i was thier. i didnt bring my car but i saw the homo in the m3. i have talked to that kid before around town. when i was looking at the pacecar he was reving his engine. i just shook my head because i cant stand him. i feel bad for you that you had to park by him. hes so annoying well ill see ya up thier next week

john

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
13.8 and he thinks hes all that? Wait till he goes agains someone fast.

Anyway, it seemed as if I couldnt park anywhere in town. I was trying to park by a crap little grocery store that had no parking and warning signs up.

Do people just enter the car show by showing up, or do the register etc.....

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 28 2005, 11:04 AM
13.8 and he thinks hes all that?  Wait till he goes agains someone fast.

Anyway, it seemed as if I couldnt park anywhere in town.  I was trying to park by a crap little grocery store that had no parking and warning signs up.

Do people just enter the car show by showing up, or do the register etc.....
[snapback]93467[/snapback]​
nope you just pull in by the people in the orange shirts, I never had a problem getting in, but it does fill up fast. I get there about 6 and usually don't have a problem, but they make the '87 and up cars park under and near the bridge, but fuck em if they can't take a joke. Besides as you walk through, you see new vettes and shit with the classics, so I'm callin shenanagins with that bullshit, yea well. I'll see ya guys up there next week, maybe we can all meet up somewhere near and just roll in as a convoy so we're not all split up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list