3800 Doors keep unlocking

I

imported_Diavolo

I had my car washed yesterday (it wasn't a gas station but it was an automatic wash place) and ever since, my doors have been unlocking every 2 - 3 minutes on it's own. I thought it was the key fob but the door unlocks even with the battery of the fob removed.

I reset the PCM be leaving the battery unhooked over night and nothing happened. It does this while driving and while in park.

I checked all the fuses but nothing SEAMS wrong.

Any suggestions? I have a feeling my battery is going to die soon because the interior lights keep coming on everytime the door unlocks.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Diavolo@Jul 21 2005, 07:59 PM
I had my car washed yesterday (it wasn't a gas station but it was an automatic wash place) and ever since, my doors have been unlocking every 2 - 3 minutes on it's own.  I thought it was the key fob but the door unlocks even with the battery of the fob removed. 

I reset the PCM be leaving the battery unhooked over night and nothing happened.  It does this while driving and while in park. 

I checked all the fuses but nothing SEAMS wrong.

Any suggestions?  I have a feeling my battery is going to die soon because the interior lights keep coming on everytime the door unlocks.
[snapback]92600[/snapback]​

Do you have a GM or aftermarket alarm? My code alarm system freaked out on me like that and I had to reset the alarm system (undoing the battery didn't help me either)

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Diavolo@Jul 21 2005, 08:04 PM
Factory alarm,  I do not have an owners manual, can you post the instructions on how to reset teh alarm?
[snapback]92603[/snapback]​

I only had the ones to reset the Code Alarm system, not really sure where they are. I'm not sure if GM are that easy to reset. I would try to google it. I'll see if I can hunt some info down, and I'll get back to ya if I find it.
CJ

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 22 2005, 08:02 AM
How's the condition of your switches in the driver's side door? With water getting to it you may have developed a short. I had to replace mine already, but it was because my window wouldn't go back up.
[snapback]92667[/snapback]​

Gotta' be some kinda short somewhere...

I asked if it was programmed to open the door locks automatically upon ignition off in hopes to de-program that option.

Program the doors not to unlock automatically after shutting off the car. This might do the trick. It's not a fix, but it might work.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.+Jul 22 2005, 11:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Jul 22 2005, 08:02 AM
How's the condition of your switches in the driver's side door? With water getting to it you may have developed a short. I had to replace mine already, but it was because my window wouldn't go back up.
[snapback]92667[/snapback]​

Gotta' be some kinda short somewhere...

I asked if it was programmed to open the door locks automatically upon ignition off in hopes to de-program that option.

Program the doors not to unlock automatically after shutting off the car. This might do the trick. It's not a fix, but it might work.

J.E.T.
[snapback]92719[/snapback]​
[/b]
If that's the case, it could be a switch to tell the car the door is open is bad...but you'd think that'd show up on the DIC.

I

imported_Diavolo

Ron, how do I take off the paneling? I don't know anything about the electronics around that area.

Thanks for the Suggestion JET, I pulled the power locks fuse for now so I can atleast go in public without worrying.

I will check for a short (even though I don't really know how to) after I pull the paneling.

Thanks guys

-Mike

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Diavolo@Jul 22 2005, 04:02 PM

Ron, how do I take off the paneling? I don't know anything about the electronics around that area.

Thanks for the Suggestion JET, I pulled the power locks fuse for now so I can atleast go in public without worrying.

I will check for a short (even though I don't really know how to) after I pull the paneling.

Thanks guys

-Mike
[snapback]92752[/snapback]​

there are two screw (#3 phillips I think) under the handle and the rest of it just pulls straight out, it doesn't hook over the top lip, but be sure to pop out the little speaker cause that will get caught and might crack if you forget about it. Other than that, get a screwdriver or flat prybar and work your way around with short, quick motion. If you have a door panel tool that would be better, but most people don't, and if you try to go slow the clips will usually pull out of the door panel, but even that is no big deal, you can pull them out with a pair of side cutters and place them back in. If the panel has never been off, it's gonna be hard, but that is all that holds it.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list