3800 MAFF cuts out sometimes...

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
On the way back from my girlfriend's house, (tonight at about 10:50), I went WOT from 41 mph to about 60mph. At about 55mph, It felt like someone took off ym SC belt and put it back on. While the peddal was to the floor, the car literally stopped accelerating, then resumed.

I let off the gas, thinking... December 18, 2004 all over again. I pulled up to a RED light and the car was still doin it although i wasnt accelerating. I was watching the Revs bounce from 1100 to 1800 while decelerating. Once i stopped it was fine... I took it easy for a little bit and nothing happened... while cruising i looked at my ls1m and my MAFF was at 5xxx, then when the car acted up again, it read 0 on the MAFF, and would go from 0... back to 4xxx or 5xxx at cruise... then when it acted fine, it would be at 5xxx.

Any Ideas?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
lol seriously... You have a wiring issue or an intermittant MAF issue. Considering how many times the engine has been in and out I would suspect wiring before a failure of the actual sensor itself.

Stop pushing the car if it's doing this. One of those times you're going to be WOT and it's going to pull a lot of fuel and then it's really going to be December 18th all over again. :) Pulling the plug would ensure decent WOT fueling as it's now going on speed density but part throttle fueling will suck.

Just get it fixed and ignore my speed density statement.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
lol seriously... You have a wiring issue or an intermittant MAF issue. Considering how many times the engine has been in and out I would suspect wiring before a failure of the actual sensor itself.

Stop pushing the car if it's doing this. One of those times you're going to be WOT and it's going to pull a lot of fuel and then it's really going to be December 18th all over again. :) Pulling the plug would ensure decent WOT fueling as it's now going on speed density but part throttle fueling will suck.

Just get it fixed and ignore my speed density statement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info