3800 2 problems.. might be related?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
1. Back in november i was having some starting issues..

The tranny shop replaced it then my car was out for 6 months so i really didnt get to "break in" the new starter.

Now it is getting annoying. It only starts on the first try when the engine is Cold... like when i wake up in the morning.

Any other time in the day i have to give it gas or it will not start. It just keeps trying to turn over. This also happened before my cam install, like stated above, so it isnt a cam issue. Then once it finally starts up, it smells kinda like burning hair.

2. Delay on acceleration right after bad start.

my vacuum is right at -10 when normally when the car is running "normal" it is at -14. So when i blip the throttle or start to go, it literally delays, acts like it is gonna stall, then the rev raises.

The only thing i thought might help any of these two problems was spark plugs and that didnt help.

What do you guys think

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by pimpiumz34@Jun 21 2005, 01:32 PM
Check your ECT with a scan tool and make sure that it reads correctly and matches the gauge on the dash.  If it reads too low when the car is actually warm you'll have a hard time starting the car.
[snapback]88719[/snapback]​
Shouldn't be a factor, I reset the AF ratio vs coolant temp table to the same A/F R across the board to rule this out. I'm willing to bet he's got something funky going on in the rail, or front 3 injectors. Could be why he has to run so rich to get rid of KR.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Jun 21 2005, 01:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-pimpiumz34
@Jun 21 2005, 02:32 PM
Check your ECT with a scan tool and make sure that it reads correctly and matches the gauge on the dash.  If it reads too low when the car is actually warm you'll have a hard time starting the car.
did you check the air in the tires? :lolsign:
[snapback]88720[/snapback]​
[/b]
and are your shoe laces tied??? its very important. (If you wear velcro then skip this step and step onto the short bus)

pimpiumz34

Apr 28, 2008
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Jun 21 2005, 01:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-pimpiumz34
@Jun 21 2005, 02:32 PM
did you check the air in the tires? :lolsign:
[snapback]88720[/snapback]​
[/b]

Unplug your ect sensor and let me know how your car runs.....

Shouldn't be a factor, I reset the AF ratio vs coolant temp table to the same A/F R across the board to rule this out. I'm willing to bet he's got something funky going on in the rail, or front 3 injectors. Could be why he has to run so rich to get rid of KR.

Yep, that would rule out the ect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info