3800 MyMonte Ultimate Monte Meet 3

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well been looking here for a while and i just registered

AL and I (James) are going to be taking Al's car (our project) a 94 Olds Cutlass 442 that we installed twin engines in (3100 V6 in the front and a 3800 V6 in the rear) down to the UMM3 meet at US41 dragway we will be leaving Friday before noon (hopefully) and heading down if anyone is interested in going we could cruise as a pack...

we will have a tow dolly or a flatbed trailer towed by a truck along with plenty of tools... and we should be driving the 442 down (want to get there early to wash her etc and find a campground/hotel

hope to see you there! B)

[email protected]
Regard's James

94 Twin engine 442 "son of Hairy"

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jun 25 2005, 11:42 PM
wow, two engines in one car that is nuts!

Thats got to feel weird.

So have you guys actually driven it yet?  What type of transmissions do you guys have?

How fast are you gunna run?
[snapback]89529[/snapback]​

It's like floating on a 400hp cloud

the front 3100 has a built 4t60e with a 2500 stall converter the rear is the 440t4 from the 90 olds toronado trofeo chassis donor with some mods (by me) they shift at different points so you never "feel" a hift the car just pulls all the way!

0-70mph run on a backroad netted us a 6.25 second time in under an 1/8th of a mile which is just a tenth of a second slower than a 99 covette hardtop and 14 tenths slower than an 04 subaru WRX STi
we are guessing mid 13's (hopefully better-def when the rear 3800 gets turbocharged) at about 105mph not bad for a cutlass that looks completely stock

will be plated and registered soon we have to remodify all the rear engine firewall panels to fit around the 10 point JEGS CNC bent rollcage we just installed with a pair of 5 point G force camlock harnesses...

the best part about the car is we have a backup if we blow one engine LOL

Failsafe....
check the vid at carcraft.com....
http://www.carcraft.com/av/116_cc_live/index.html

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well today Al and I are going to be working on the twin engine 442 at his father in laws in Palatine we will be working on finishing the interior and installing the new tinted rear window (had to get the old one out to install the 10 point rollcage-we ended up shattering it....) and doing some other odds and ends

if anyone knows where Winston dr crosses palatine rd we are about 3 blocks from there
go north on winston from palatine rd and turn right at michelle ( to the left is the begining of the park/field) and we are the first house...
just incase anyone is around and wants to check her out, I know there are a couple of ya within short driving distance, if ya aint got nuthin else to do stop on by.... we'll start her up fer ya

hope to see some of you at UMM3 anyways!

Regards, James and AL

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
wanna stomp my TA? :lolsign:

Sorry, but im gunna have to call your club out on this one....

Most montes were there with their sound systems and rims....not even racing...

Teh ones that did race had 14-17 sec cars...

One guy took everything......and I mean everything out of his car and told me he "hopes" to run 15-16s...... :lolsign:

Sorry... :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jun 30 2005, 08:30 PM
wanna stomp my TA? :lolsign:

Sorry, but im gunna have to call your club out on this one....

Most montes were there with their sound systems and rims....not even racing...

Teh ones that did race had 14-17 sec cars...

One guy took everything......and I mean everything out of his car and told me he "hopes" to run 15-16s...... :lolsign:

Sorry... :)
[snapback]90042[/snapback]​

Theres a Monte from MN going that will stomp your GP.

Think your T/A can stomp a motorcycle?? :lolsign:

DOHCZ34

Oct 23, 2008
Twin cities, MN
Real Name
Chris
Originally posted by syP@Jun 30 2005, 09:32 PM
oh yea i rememebr that... all the black people there with their big ass stereos and 22" rims

hopefully some will make it in the 13's this year
[snapback]90044[/snapback]​

12's without opening the valve covers or motor. thank you come again.

we'll see what everyone throws down for times.

chris

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
say what you want but you should have called it a car show with the rims or a DB contest with all the stereos.......

Hell, at least charge those people standingn around so the actual racing is cheaper.... :lolsign: :)

Heckeveryone has a "the fastest car in the country"......I guess Ill find a TA like that too...... :rolleyes:

BTW, fish, sorry to bust your balls but my TA could take out its fare share of motor cycles............not all, but a good amounts.......

11.7s @ 127 mph with 1.9 60s is fast as hell.... :rolleyes: :D
Mind you that is with a full interior.....and little weight reduction....

Maybe not off the line but from a roll with me launching into 1st or second.......the longer the race the better I am off.....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 1 2005, 12:59 AM
I know about big cc crotch rockets

most of that accel comes on the low end though.

If you could legally and safely have a race up to 160 plus mph, I think it would be intresting from a high speed highway roll
[snapback]90074[/snapback]​
Ehh, don't think so. Yes 11.7 is fast in a car, but it's nothing on a bike. Even my '95 Katana 750 would run 12's. Anything built (sportbike-wise) after '98 is going to be 11's; and that includes the 600's.

The sport tourer bikes like Katana's, VFR's, and sprot v-twins are slower, but not too bad.

My '98 ZX9 went 10.7 on it's first pass stock, and I was only riding for 6 months at that time. 2 years later after a pipe and jet kit I was low 10's, and new Gxr750's could hang with me.

Also I've raced over 160 on 75th in Naperville more than once...in a car. No it's not safe, it was along time ago too. I used to race bikes with my '79 Cutlass quite a bit, but back then the sportbikes weren't as fast; plus I was pushing almost 500hp on a built bored over 428 Pontiac. I had my balls handed to me by a built 600 with all my friends watching, he only had me by 1-2 lengths but it was enough to kill my ego about taking on bikes. A buddy of mine owned the bike and we started talking shit to each other at a softball game about our rides, so after the game we went to an industrial park with our group from the game to settle it. We raced from a stop twice, and then from a roll...from a roll he killed me real bad.

And Harley's are WAY slow for the most part, I used to beat them in my Dakota.

G

germ

first off, let me introduce myself, i am a moderator from mymonte and the one who organized last years event and this years event.

secondly, let me thank those that came last year and those that are coming this year.

next i would like to reply to some of the comments posted by a couple guys here. i can take critizism (spelling) pretty well, but to flat out bash the event and provide false/wrong info is not setting well with me.

im sorry that mymonte doesnt have the membership that the grand prix clubs have, nor the aftermarket for the 3100 and 3400 engines like the 3800 and L67 has. it was our SECOND event and I paid for the whole track for the whole day for everyone that wanted to come out. the event is NOT only for races, but for show and sound and racing. just because they dont want to go fast does not mean your allowed to make fun of them or bash them, this type of behavior WILL NOT be allowed at the event.

as for the cars not running faster than 14's, well, im not sure about you but matts and bridgettes monte was running 11's and clints monte was running 12's.

this year there will be at least 2-5 guys in the 12's and at least 2-5 in the 13's, and thats just monte carlo's.

and remember, its an EVENT, not just racing, different strokes for different folks, remember that and respect their choice.

and the people that do participate in the show portion of the event DOES pay a fee to help pay for the track, but since they dont race, they dont pay as much. and their guests even pay an entry fee.

so again, thanks to those that supported us last year and will be there this year. for those that expected more from the event, im sorry, but please have your facts straight before you decide to bash our event, we are trying out best to please EVERYONE, not just racers.

on a side note...

from what i understand there is/was an issue at the grand prix event a couple weeks ago with a mymonte member that was in attendence at this event. the issue was disrespect of this individual, this will NOT be tolerated NOR will alcohol be allowed at the track.

if you cannot respect an individual or follow the rules of the event you will be asked to leave without a refund and i dont care who you are.

if you have any issues with this, feel free to contact me at [email protected] or on www.mymonte.com (i go by the same screen name).

thanks for you time and hope to see you guys there.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Ya'll have to go! if not only to see our creation!

sleeper anyone? :lolsign:

Al and his wife and I are prepaid (as soon as manticore gets my snailmail....)

and by this weekend we should have ordered the vanity plates for the 442 and have a temp sticker so we can test her on the street :D

knock a few cars off their high horses lol

so far we are finishing up the interior panels and trim now that the 8 pt rollcage is in (I will TIG in the halo bar and front legs in when we are ready to fab a whole custom dash...) along with the 5 pt camlock harness'

boy is she starting to look sharp!

I cant remember al's father in laws address but it's on michelle off of Winston Dr which is off of Palatine rd just west of 53....

this next weekend Al and I will be trucking her out here to my shop in Rockford to finish tying up the loose ends! and installing the new tinted rear window (allot easier to TIG in a cage with no rear window...and it was Al prying on the orig glass that made it shatter no matter what he says about me using the sawzall to cut the urethane! :lol:
so if anyone's up for a trip out here to rockford....

otherwise youll have to be at UM3 for the grand unveiling!
hope to see you guys/gals? there...
go ahead try to beat us!
James and Al

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info