• Arlington Heights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harvard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Gents (and ladies) we are faced with a bit of a dilemma in regards to the location of the mod day. Unfortunately Brian (LP) can not host this event anymore due to space constraints at the shop. Regardless, having the mod days at his shop was a privilage and one that's now gone so we need to compromise. With that said, here are the two options:

Harvard - This would be at my buddy's farm. It's a vast open space with a bonfire area and country roads great for speeding on. Unfortunately it's about 10 minutes south of the Wisconsin border and is quite a haul. Some have indicated that they can't or do not wish to drive this far.

My House - My house is in Arlington Heights and is a lot more central than Harvard. The downside is that we're in a nice neighborhood and camping would be out of the question. There is also limited space here. Plenty of cars could park on the street and we can get 6 in the driveway stacked. I plan on staying sober and we have a conversion van. I'm happy to drive people to motel 6 at the end of the day (rooms are $36.99 for a double queen, cheap when split between 3 - 4 people) and pick them up in the morning. This is not a problem.

Either of these places needs to stay "dry". When I say that I mean that oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc can not mate with the ground. If we have it at my place I have two spots at the end of the driveway that the "wet" projects can take place in.

With that said, it's in your hands. Where do you guys want to go?

I

imported_Theautoguy

It sounds like it's going to be big, I'd warn your neighbors and see if they'd be interested in milling around the crowd and enjoy our company and a cookout.

My $.02 is for Harvard, there's more room for people and cars to congregate around each other rather than having 20 plus cars spread out along a road parked in front of other people's homes. All it would take is one or two people to have a one too many drinks or to just get a little ornery and all of a sudden Mike is the black sheep of his neighborhood. Heck, I get annoyed when my neighbor throws a party and I’ve got 4 cars parked all in front of my house and another on the other side of my driveway blocking my mailbox. (…and I would be pissed if they decided to hang around their cars in front of the house, matting down my grass and making my dogs bark all afternoon…but that’s just me.)

Thank you Mike for hosting this…you rock!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I voted for AH, I'm coming...but mainly as a spectator. I'll also be good. The little mod day I had went OK; I had a total of 22 cars at it's height.

My neighbors were OK with it, and even talked to several at our garage sale last weekend that were pretty impressed. I would definately let your neighbors know on your block so there are no surprises.

And I would ask everyone to be on their best behaviour...no tearing up and down the street! Remember, this is a neiborhood on a Saturday. Familes will be out, and so will kids. We don't want any incidents.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by alexgtp@May 18 2005, 11:51 AM
oh well guess i wont see you guys..
AH is not what i was hoping for..

have A GOOD TIME GUYS..
[snapback]84355[/snapback]​
Sorry you won't be coming Alex... Unfortunately sacrifice is the name of the game here.

Is there enough room in AH for 30+ cars and all the people?
Yes, It's going to be tight but yes.

Thread Info