3800 Rockers and spring question

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
My mod list is, 3.4 pully, u-bend delete,slp catback, open cone, 180 t-stat, 104 plugs.

My question to you guys is, should i even be considering rockers and springs. I still have a stock pcm and Im a little hesitant to get a reprogramed one because I want to get it customed tuned after I think Im done with all my mods.
Anyways, will new rockers and springs affect my stock pcm by setting off codes and affect daily driving?
Second question, with new rockers and springs what other mods should i expect to do after itstallation.
Third and final question what size lift should i be going with if i decide to get them and from who.

I appreciate any help with any of these questions, I know you guys know your stuff

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
id start off by getting rid of the open cone.......

You will never be done modding so dont wait for a custom tune.

Your DHP PCM maybe the best mod you buy. Get the HP tunners and you can start to mess with stuff your self.....

It comes with a starter file too...

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I would go with a 1.9 rocker arm with the LS6 valvesprings. A pcm will help you out alot also. I wouldnt wait for a custom tune, I raced my car all last year without even putting my car on the dyno to tune it, it just had a pcm with a couple custom items thrown in it from the beginning. After rockers and a pcm the next mod would be exhaust, either headers or ported manifolds and a 3 inch downpipe. This stuff however is not necessary but you will see greater gains from the rockers with more exhaust modifications.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
the skip shift from the DHP is pretty damm nice too......

Id finish your DP/exhaust first, then DHP, then rockers.

I like to free up air from the back first b4 pushing more in.

SOme poeple will say to do the exhaust last because it is the least restrictive part in the exhaust........though that u bend and DP are VERY CONSTRICTIVE.

99GTP

Feb 28, 2008
the skip shift from the DHP is pretty damm nice too......

Id finish your DP/exhaust first, then DHP, then rockers.

I like to free up air from the back first b4 pushing more in.

SOme poeple will say to do the exhaust last because it is the least restrictive part in the exhaust........though that u bend and DP are VERY CONSTRICTIVE.
[snapback]83226[/snapback]​
[/quote

would I see a big gain from a down pipe and U bend removal?
3.4 pully,slp intake,slp cat,DHP,plugs, wires. can anyone do that here? thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info