3800 Boost Vs KR

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
If you are getting KR will that decrease your boost? I am seeing some decent boost on my car and want to know if its normal meaning I am not getting that much KR. I havent scanned but hope to real soon. At 5k RPMs the FWI kicks in and I go from about 11 PSI as I start getting closer to the shift point I reach somewhere around 12-14 PSI.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I have a 3.4 pulley and a cam...should i be seeing over 8psi????
That is about normal boost with a cam, the cam is able to move more are quicker thus reducing the boost. With a cam you should definately be able to put a smaller pulley on. What cam do you have?

I ran 18-19 psi on my car non-intercooled :p I dont recommend doing this at all though, it is very unsafe on a street driven car if not tuned perfectly.

I

imported_AchillesInvention

I've got a 3.3 and a couple of supporting mods...well okay, a fair amount, and I'm seeing 13lbs at shift. I'm also running 29º advance timing...I didn't plan for that much timing, it just came that way. Stock, the car ran 34º at WOT. I've got the logs to show it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info