3800 Heat Shield is annoying

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
Well, I can't get it to stop!!! :blink: It rattles and comes and goes (kindof with the outside temp), but never really goes away. I've had my car up so many times and been under there trying to get it to go away, it's driving me crazy! It's the one under the car (I think) where the cat/resonator is (or would be if I had them) and I'm to the point of pulling it off completely. Any ideas or is a Sawzaw the best answer?! :(

:( Plus today, I'll be stripping the tint off the front side windows. SUCKS..... but I can't afford anymore tickets and I basically got the las warning the cops around here will allow. The cop yesterday gave a lecture for 10 min. and didn't give me a ticket because of my CDL. SO..... I guess it'll have to come off. So far, every town and the state has given me a ticket for the tint out here where I live. When I pulled away, I could see him wanting to write me a ticket for my exhaust! B) That would REALLY suck!!! :(

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
The tint, well it was the same as the rest of the windows..... limo. So it was really bad for me out here where the police actually noticed things like like that. Like I said earlier, I think he was interested in writing me a ticket for my exhaust as I pulled away. That would have been WONDERFUL!!! <_< Well, I may have to just remove the darn thing then if I can't get it to stop rattling! :) Anything at this point is better than the rattle, all the time! :angry: Thanks for the suggestion.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by MrT+Mar 21 2005, 03:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tonzcompg04
@Mar 21 2005, 02:45 PM
How dark were your front tints?
[snapback]76312[/snapback]​
doesn't matter....0% allowed on the front windows :ph34r:
[snapback]76316[/snapback]​
[/b]

damn i wish 0% was allowed on the front.

I got 35% on front and that is so easy to see through.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Originally posted by syP+Mar 23 2005, 08:19 AM-->
Originally posted by MrT@Mar 21 2005, 03:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tonzcompg04
@Mar 21 2005, 02:45 PM
How dark were your front tints?
[snapback]76312[/snapback]​

doesn't matter....0% allowed on the front windows :ph34r:
[snapback]76316[/snapback]​

damn i wish 0% was allowed on the front.

I got 35% on front and that is so easy to see through.
[snapback]76477[/snapback]​
[/b]

LOL... 0% meaning NONE is allowed on the front windows .

I have a class "A" CDL too Jack , i woulnt be that worried about that kind of a ticket as it is not a moving violation . i just got nailed for tints as well 75.00. But iam not taking it off. 3 years one ticket .. i will live . as a matter of fact , i JUSt had my truck widows done .

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
Well, it wasn't my first time being stopped for tints. In fact, I get pulled over on average every 3 months for my tints and the hassle and expense was getting rediculous. The police here seriously don't have a lot to do.

As far as the CDL, he was just saying that because the state of MO has me in a high risk category for losing my license. Too many tickets in a short time! (along with KS and IA :angry: )

So, long story short..... no more tints on the front, no more hassle! Now I just need to watch my speed!! :rolleyes:

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
Well...... It's been Ottawa (1), Naplate (1), Peru(3), La Salle (1) and the State Police (Can't count that high!). This has been going on for a long time. I guess I gave up :( . They have gone so far as turn around and chase me onto the highway to stop me for tints. And that's when I wasn't speeding. So in my area, DON'T HAVE TINTS ON THE FRONT!!! :angry:

I need to move!!! :blink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info