3800 Went to a "Abandoned House" tonight (last night)

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
What you see next is DEAD TRUE

We open the closet now knowing what to expect.... See a bunch of papers and stuff laying around.. We turn around to head out and what do we notice?!?!? A Polaroid faced down on the shelf. Not knowing what to expect AGAIN, we flip it and we see the ODDEST picture ever.

The picture is of a really Fat guy NAKED facing sideways towards the camera. His head is turned towards the WINDOW That we saw in the previous room. This freaked us out ALOT. Someone was in the house and did this... That is not cool... he could still be here???

I will scan the picture tomorrow if you guys dont believe me... we will also head back with a video camera and capture this scary shit.

We make our way back outside and to the garage. Alot of useless old shit, soda cans, and old newspapers are in there, and in the corner there are angled stairs lead to an upstairs. my mustang supercharged GT friend goes up first, sticks his head up there... Has the mose Stunned look on his face... jumps down and starts yelling at out to get out of there NOW!!

We are all riled up asking him what he saw?!?!?! (Keep in mind this kid is a goofball and funny that he doesnt even know how funny he is... just how he acts and such)

He tells us that he saw a skunk... he looked up there and turned his head.. the first thing he saw was the butt of a skunk

"I saw his butt!!! It was all black and white!!!" (you have to know the kid for it to be funny)

We skip looking up there and head back to a GIANT garage in the back. This place has to be like 50ft x 50ft. As soon as we go in and look directly to our left, we see a pile of sheets and stuff that looks like a homless person might be living there. We start screaming at the bum to get out of here (no1 was there thank god). At the far end of the garage is a door that leads into a Horse Stall it looks like. There is a bunch of Hay on the left, and nothing on the right.

Above the hay is a ladder that leads to the upstairs. Mustang friend climbs up and sticks his head up there and shouts up what he sees.

"AHHHHH THERE IS A HANGING ROPE UP THERe!!... And what is that Couch up there for!?!"

He jumps down... NetChemica jumps up on the ladder and pokes his head up there.

"You idiot, that is a Swing.. I Also see a basketball hoop and another ladder and a WHITE OBJECT IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM.

We all get up there and explore. The hoop was just eerie.. nothing painted on the beige backboard with a bent/broken rim. We look at the swing, which was a LONG rope attached to a peice of 2x4. The ceiling was about 40 feet high. We make our way over to the corner of the room

The WHITE OBJECT IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM, as we procees to make our way there, is a Mustang bumper....

WTF..... How/Why is a mustang front Bumper up this high... and in this godforsaken Abandoned place?!?!? They said it was a 99+ Bumper, but i thought it was a pre 99 bumper. WEIRD, we are gonna go back and take it.

the ladder on the side of the room leads up 40 ft to a crawl space... no way we are going up there... no way.

We jump down from the "middle" room with the hoop and bumper onto the hay below.. scared out of our wits, get back in the camry and head back home...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We should all trek out to Harvey to check out the old Blues Brothers mall. It's still there albeit with a police station on one corner of the land. I've seen pictures taken as recently as a year ago and there are still many recognizable landmarks in the building. They pretty much left it as-is after the filming.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
True Story, but this isnt about the one on Munger Roaad

This was about 5 or 6 years ago. My buddies heard about this house that was abandoned. Me and about 4 other buddies had to check this out. We went during the day for about 5 minutes just to skope out hiding area in case someone comes while we were there at night. The next night we got there pulled up into the old Farm drive way. You know the ones that go for about a block back and you cant even see the house because of all the trees. We finally made it there the next night. Holy crap was it freakie. Imagine yourself in an open field with nothing around you and its pitch black out side. With little noises all around you. I for got to add this is in a small town on the out skirts of Hampsire called Union, IL. VERy, Very small town. Lets put it this way. Union seems like the town where people would hide out after they commit crimes back in the prohibition times. My buddy and I got out of the car first. This guys like 6 foot 2 inches almost 400 lbs at the time. He said he had an eerie feeling about this place. I agreed. Me being a garage junky I had to check out that first. There was a 1 car garage built away from the house that was real old and there was another garage made out of almost like time about 20 feet away from it. I decided to squeeze my fat ass under about 2 foot crack of the broken garage door. I stand up look around and I was like holy crap. Theres a car in here. I uncovered with my gloves and it was 100% mint Ford Fairlane. I dont remeber what years those were made but it looked like a 65 - 67. Mint Green color. It had no liscense plates on it and I can tell it hasnt been driven in a long time. I decided to move on to the next garage. Here where it get weird. I enter this garage with out hesitation. I get light my lighter and I see 3 plain white conversion vans. These looked brand new again no plate on it. I eas like crap what am I getting myself into? Itold my partners in crime they wanted to go in the house. So we did, but we had to be extremely carefull. The floors were saging as well a the stairs going to the up stairs. As SYP was saying there was a whole bunch of old stuff scattered around. We found old newpaper clippings daing back from the 40s and 50s. Mostly baseball clippings and other sports. Well me and my friend headed up stairs in to one of the rooms. He finally stopped being paranoid and lit up his mag-light. We searched around and I went to take something off of a shelf. Instead of grabbing what I was really reaching for something else got in the way and fell to the ground. It made a luud thump. I was like what the hell. I picked this old towel and I opened it up. Now I had goose bumps. It was an old school .38 revolver. Old hasnt been used in about 20 years. My lunatic buddy kept that. I went into the next room and I stared i the closet. Mu friends like WHAT DO YOU SEE? I said look here, shine the light. It was a rack of suits. I mean like business suits. They still looked brand new, because they were in plastic. They wern't cheap either. We never went back to that house since.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Wow thats a crazy story SYP. There is this abondon house in Long Grove that my friends and I used to goto in the summer. Sorry I have no pics. But it is a really old farm house that probably was abondon like about 10 years ago. We could tell because there were moderm kitchen appliances inside. The house is like almost all black because the siding all fell out and most of the windows are broken. We went inside a few times during the day. Its scarry as hell at night and I would never dream of going inside.

Anyone ever been here....
DSC02359Small.jpg

The House on Rainbow Road... (Cuba Road)

I have pics we took when we finally had the balls to go past the gate if anyone wants to see.

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Mar 4 2005, 03:30 PM
Wow thats a crazy story SYP. There is this abondon house in Long Grove that my friends and I used to goto in the summer. Sorry I have no pics. But it is a really old farm house that probably was abondon like about 10 years ago. We could tell because there were moderm kitchen appliances inside. The house is like almost all black because the siding all fell out and most of the windows are broken. We went inside a few times during the day. Its scarry as hell at night and I would never dream of going inside.

Anyone ever been here....
DSC02359Small.jpg

The House on Rainbow Road... (Cuba Road)

I have pics we took when we finally had the balls to go past the gate if anyone wants to see.
[snapback]73931[/snapback]​

I've actually been there at night...kinda creepy...

B

boostedgp3

ive been to rainbow rd back in hs like 4 yrs ago, went at night, and walked right into the houes and stuff, it was alittle scary at first but once in no biggie, now what is really screwed up is we went to an abandoned farm house off of shoe factory rd close to elgin and 2 wks later, a gang from elgin blasted some dude with a shotgun and he got killed. no that was really freaky. it was in the paper and everything

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ive been to rainbow rd back in hs like 4 yrs ago, went at night, and walked right into the houes and stuff, it was alittle scary at first but once in no biggie, now what is really screwed up is we went to an abandoned farm house off of shoe factory rd close to elgin and 2 wks later, a gang from elgin blasted some dude with a shotgun and he got killed. no that was really freaky. it was in the paper and everything

Yeah there used to be a old abondon mansion back on the rainbow road property it was gone when my friends and I went there about a year ago (it was burned down by the city in 1999). When we went we only saw a barn and a silo and some little stuff. Since like December everything I mean everything is gone. People tore up the property and are now building houses on the "haunted site".

I believe it was a barn on shoefactory road where someone was killed. But with all these diffrent storys about these "haunted" places there is no real thruth about what actually happend there. Was this the house you went inside? (shoefactory rd)

DSC01603Small.jpg

Originally posted by dsk727@Mar 4 2005, 08:09 AM
that wasweird... I had no idea there were abandoned places like that around here... i went to this abandoned insane asylum down by EIU a couple times in college... very freaky stuff til we got yelled at by the cops for trespassing!!! LOL :D
[snapback]73869[/snapback]​

there was a house like that by me on 135th and parker road but it just burned down last week, it was a historical thing for the state of IL.

wow i was at that one also in fact going there tomarrow night after we get drunk.. ill try to get pics of the place.

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Mar 4 2005, 07:59 PM

Yeah there used to be a old abondon mansion back on the rainbow road property it was gone when my friends and I went there about a year ago (it was burned down by the city in 1999). When we went we only saw a barn and a silo and some little stuff. Since like December everything I mean everything is gone. People tore up the property and are now building houses on the "haunted site".

I believe it was a barn on shoefactory road where someone was killed. But with all these diffrent storys about these "haunted" places there is no real thruth about what actually happend there. Was this the house you went inside? (shoefactory rd)

DSC01603Small.jpg

[snapback]73950[/snapback]​

I guess the story on the house in the picture is that a young boy killed his parents with a knife....8 year old boy....sometimes when you drive by there, i guess you can see a little boy sitting on the front stairs playing with a knfe.

The story on the barn on Shoe factory is that a man escaped from the Elgin nuthouse and was staying in there. The farmer kept asking him to leave. The crazy guy found one of the farmers guns and shot the farmer and his wife.

only what i heard.

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Mar 6 2005, 07:32 AM
Even thought you get scared shitless...you wanna check this crap out. Anyone ever go to Bachelor's Grove?

I herd about it but its kinda far away from my house we I never went. Its in the south side of chicago right?
[snapback]74033[/snapback]​

Yes, it's on the midloatian turnpike in Midlothian. I have always wanted to go out there, but my friends that have already been there won't go back.

I

imported_JennY

yeah..get this...

I went there with a few friends two winters ago. Snow everywhere so you can pretty much see through the bare trees. We all stopped halfway down the path and they start talkin to each other sayin this is boring...of course my dumbass goes and ventures off on my own and I see this little CHILD by herself at the end of the path by the cemetary. I'm thinkin..nah it's just my mind playing games...then I rub my eyes....like u do when ur tired...and it was still there...no lie..this girl was in a little nightgownd or something. I turn to my friends like..wtf omg look...then she wasnt there. GO FIGURE!!! So we're about to leave bc I'm freaking out like a looney and all of a sudden a three-legged dog was in the same place as the little girl. I know for a fact that it wasn't there a second ago. So yeah we left and I did a little research and found out a girl that was laid to rest in the cemetary haunts it or something...and people always see a three legged dog.

So we go back the following weekend after that and we're in the cemetary..but there were other kids there as well...and in my research it said...you find things when your alone and not in big groups...so im like....great..

I totally fell into an updiggen grave. Yeah...I don't think I've ever been disgusted that much in my life....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info