3800 2 nights ago

Well, i was at yorktown mall with 2 buddies and i ended up parking in front of 2 WS6's that were side by side. As we get into my car, i see a couple walkin towards the trans ams...Aww how cute, they have matching cars. I hear 'em start up and the chick revs it. Sounded pretty beastly so i couldn't pass up the chance. They take off and i go off after them, leaving a smokeshow as i pass the chick :unsure: . I was behind the guy and in front of the girl at this point. We turn right onto 22nd and the dude floors it and cuts into my lane, i floor it as i hear him, and i pull right up to his bumper and have to let off. After that he didn't try again, musta wussed out...then the chick pulled up next to me at westmoore meyers/roosevelt intersection. She started creeping and revvin it a bit, so i figure she wants to go. I break torque to 2 grand and when it turns green, pop the break and floor it around 35. Now this was a rape...multiple cars, even buslengths. Yeah, they were done after that. All in all i'd say my car did pretty well :rolleyes:

I

itlnrob

bsflag.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Either way, you cannot say that overall a V8 is going to beat a blown v6. LS1s are mid-low 13 cars automatically. The L67 is going to be playing catch up to get to that number. While the LS1 adds a few and hits 12s. I love these engines too, but I also know that displacement rules.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Fish@Feb 20 2005, 11:04 PM
Either way, you cannot say that overall a V8 is going to beat a blown v6. LS1s are mid-low 13 cars automatically. The L67 is going to be playing catch up to get to that number. While the LS1 adds a few and hits 12s. I love these engines too, but I also know that displacement rules.
[snapback]72177[/snapback]​

i'm not disagreeing with that by any means fish, i was just disagreeing with the alot less money statement, cuz gtps are cheaper to begin with.

and rob, go ahead and race him then,i 'm sure u'll be surprised.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 20 2005, 11:47 PM
[snapback]72185[/snapback]​

I never said he didn't have a fast car but I think the word "Buslengths" describing a victory is a little...hmmmmmmmm "not correct"

stock ls1's have run 12.9x's stock. Not all, but some have. Thats a lot of work for a gtp. Not saying it hasn't been done, but that's a lot of work.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Kyle+Feb 20 2005, 11:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Feb 20 2005, 11:04 PM
[snapback]72177[/snapback]​

i'm not disagreeing with that by any means fish, i was just disagreeing with the alot less money statement, cuz gtps are cheaper to begin with.

[snapback]72185[/snapback]​
[/b]

I know I know. Im just saying that if you wait and look for a deal, you can achieve anything for cheaper. Its all timing, luck, and luck. :lolsign: I myself love GPs, but I am just in love with the LS engine family.

12.9 at the track still means fast as hell on the street though. B) Just remember you need to tune that shit when you get it up and running. Otherwise you will be like a few people on clubgp. Cam swapped and running a tenth better.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by syP@Feb 21 2005, 12:05 AM
12.9 at the track... street races are different that at the track.

he might have spun out badly?? that is what happened to me when i raced a guy in a regal gs that was stock... i just sat at the light spinning and the speedometer read 50mph...  i learned NEVER to race when there is any sign of moisture in a FWD car.
[snapback]72187[/snapback]​

I said this a few weeks ago and got flamed..............

ws6's and vettes have a hard time moving right now.

I know personally, my car less than 50 degrees gets horrible traction, and gets ok traction 50-70..........

Its really gotta be hot for these tires to grab as good as i want them to. Thats why i'm buying nittos once my car comes out of hybernation.

As far as moisture.......Yes it sucks this time of year.....i got creamed by an Denalli cause i could not grab what so ever. Started pulling on him end of 2nd but he braked and turned.

I WANT SPRING/SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by syP@Feb 21 2005, 12:58 AM
you do not know how many races i have lost because of traction issues... anyone remember be complaining that i lost to a blazer in my GT like last year... it SUX
[snapback]72207[/snapback]​

yes it does cause they think they are faster in regular conditions too and go out and brag to there buddies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info