3800 RED GTP in Janesville

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well, Syp, his friend, and my friend with a turbo AWD talon, and I decided to go up to Janesville...Wisc, to see what racing was up there in winter time. we were getting ready to leave when this red GTP.....with this ugly tall spoiler(like 3000gt/eclipses) came in friont of my car. Syps like beat him. soooo....the red GTP burnsout of the donut shop...I start my car and take off after him. I have snow tires on the front end of my car....so not really any traction on dry pavement.

I get next to himn going down Milton rd...6lane road where speed limit is 35. I floor it...drops to first and spins....he bites. we get to the red light...light turns green. we are both on it...when I get tracktion I pull on him hard....but not as much as I wanted. I wonder what was done to it. Syp has video of it. THEN. My friend in the talon is trying to catch up....we have walkie talkies...he says staty is pulln a u turn to catch us. I floor it around these turns.....tires and Brakes suffer bad. I pulled in this dark bank...turn off the car. couple seconds later I see my buddy in the talon. He pulls kinda fast into this shopping center and parks.

10sec later we see the staty...he hits his breaks.....I'm in plan view to the side of him. he puklls into the parking lot and turns on his lights in front of my friends talon. I move 3 times to get a better view. Yes syp that was bad move on my part. the last spot I am in is the far parking lot of where my friend is. My friend sees me..and gets on the walkie" Hes lookn for you get the F outta here" apparently... the red GTP got pulled over as well. I was the one that got away. I get outta the parking lot and meet my friend in the talon over at hardeez. We then proceed to get back on 90 and hightail it back to IL. Not bad for a night in Wisc.

I'm happy about my car. I bought new brake kit..time to put it on. I have nothing at the peddle anymore. the cop gave my buddy a street racing ticket...which is funny cuz he wasnt racing......ans gave him a ticket on visual speed....which is funny. the cop doesnt have proof of anything he did. :D syp....post the vid of the red gtp. :rolleyes:

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 13 2005, 01:36 AM
I ran a C5 corvette tonight from a 30roll up in Janesville tonight.  I was still in 1st gear so I pulled a car on him when we went, by the time we finished he was a half a car, and pulln.  He didnt have a good reaction to the 3rd honk. but had fun.  I also had a full tank of 110 octane. 0kr
[snapback]71189[/snapback]​

he probaly didn't not grab until after 2nd gear.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
no offense itlnrob, but you dont seem to have a lot of faith in our gtp's. In quite a few posts you have doubts of how we pull on some ls1's and other very fast cars. Dont forget we have torque monsters, also just cause we pull on them from the hit doesn't mean we can take them all the way through. My car is currently running like crap and has a bad ticking noise that goes up with the rpm's, but i still beat plenty of cars up to about 60-70. Have faith man, these cars can do it a lot easier than you think.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Feb 13 2005, 06:49 PM
no offense itlnrob, but you dont seem to have a lot of faith in our gtp's.  In quite a few posts you have doubts of how we pull on some ls1's and other very fast cars.  Dont forget we have torque monsters, also just cause we pull on them from the hit doesn't mean we can take them all the way through.    My car is currently running like crap and has a bad ticking noise that goes up with the rpm's, but i still beat plenty of cars up to about 60-70.  Have faith man, these cars can do it a lot easier than you think.
[snapback]71228[/snapback]​

i love all pontiacs. All GM's for that matter. Right now if I raced a gtp in my trans am i'd lose. Can't hook up at all.

I raced a SS the other nite that was stock and got blown away from a 45 roll.

My GTP is mostly stock, however i know my car (which is basically an SS) and they seem a lot different speed wise.

The other day i got my ass handed to me by a Denalli in the rain cause I couldn't grip for shit. I started pulling after i got some grip. I guess thats the same situation as the gtp vs vette, but its not like i hate grand prix's. If i did, i wouldn't have one. I love them and think they are great cars and yes i know how fast people can make them which is awesome. I wish i had the time and money to do it.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by fastcash420@Feb 13 2005, 10:27 PM
why would you post something that included you running from the cops you are THE BIGGEST IDIOT ON EARTH. period.

oh, and your stories keep getting dumber and dumber.
[snapback]71239[/snapback]​

If your just going to flame everything I say, THEN DONT POST!!!!!!!! what got your panties in a bunch? :shutup:

F

fastcash

yeah, i am probably the pot calling the kettle black, but i would think that GTPWR would atleast lie about the town, hell, even the state he was in, so no negative repercussions would ensue. Just my two cents. Do what you want, sorry if offended you in any sort of way. Just watch your ass with the cops.

I

imported_Theautoguy

FYI-There are no laws to protect anything you say about yourself on the internet. If there could ever have been any, they are trumped by Homeland Security laws now. I wouldn't worry though, I highly doubt that a Janesville Police officer is parousing a Chicago based Grand Prix forum looking for a dark colored late model Grand Prix.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Once again, the laws set to support the Homeland Security Act supercedes those signed during the Clinton administration. It's safe to assume that any statements passed over the internet are no different than posting on an actual physical bulliten board in a public space.

Unless it's a propritary intranet network where the information (I believe) can only be obtatained through a Federal agency...without a court order! (This may be true for phone conversations too.)

I'd have to read the Homeland Security Act deeper to be more certian but internet traffic on these types of forums is open to anyone with or without authority and can be used to support a conviction to a crime. I can guarantee you that if I have a need to research (or spy) through internet traffic to support a case I'd be working with (in the future of course), I'd do it in a heartbeat. Fortunatly, I believe this wouldn't come up very often in the field of business law.

Big brother really can watch you!

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Feb 17 2005, 10:58 AM
itln rob where u from?  how old are you?

You have some nice cars, we should chill.
[snapback]71764[/snapback]​

Thank you. Unforunetly I am broke after purchasing the GTP but i needed a winter car. Since I still live at home I have these cars but it is a very stupid investment. I just like cars i guess.

20 from Naperville. I go to COD during the day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info