3800 Problem....

Well...i was going to go move my car in the driveway tonight and i remote started it...well, i came out and the damn thing sounded like a lawnmower...WTF..Sounds like i am missing a couple of Cyls....am getting alot of smoke, basicly have no power.....it has happen to me once before when it was real cold outside...but i shut it off and started it again and it worked fine.....well tonight it didn't help....anyone have any ideas?.....I put it in my garage..so in the morning well see if i have some real work ahead of me......Also, if this is the same tommorow, is anyone free sometime tommorow to run a scan, cause i am throughin a ses too.....Thanks...

Tom

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
tom i got my Scanner if u want to meet up?

I thought he just said his car is in the garage and not running? How could he meet up?

Tom-

Hey is the SES light on all the time while your driving? Or is it only on periodically? Like 98 TGP TOY said if you are seeing a flashing SES then there is a definite misfire in there.

I would start with the basic and just check all your plugs and then make sure the wires are seated properly. This cold weather does do bad things to our cars especially if they have to sit out a lot. Let me know if you need any help you got my number.

Well...after i re did the plugs and wires JET came over and scanned the car..We found Nothing, the car was running like a champ....WTF...I did get a misfire code but we could find which one was doing it...damnit.....But anyways the cars works like usual....I want to thank jet for coming and scannin..even though there was really nutting wrong...damnit.....and Rich for offering his help and everyone who posted on this topic...Thanks alot!!!

Till the next Time!!

Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info