3800 Anyone Graduate Early from HS?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
yeah I almost did it too because a few of my friends did. Glad I didn't, my last semester was the best time I think I ever had in hs. Just take some blow off classes or something that seems fun and tough it out. If your classes aren't hard you can still work a lot, plus you can skip if you really want too :p

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
umm i would.. but heh.. well.. im not the greatest at school, and i really dont want to take a required class (but you can still grad early if u got enough credits)

it is if you stay, you have to take the class..

and NO im not just graduating early because of that class. I really just do not want my grades to be like all D's, they are not now, and will not be at the end of this semester... I know you start over every semester, but i will give less of a damn than i already do now.

I just really wanna make some doe.

edit: my mom is all about trying your hardest in school and stuff, so she refuses me to take any blow-off classes... i was alreday scheduled for studyhall, early release, jewlery, phsych, sr rhet, team sports (gym), and advanced biology... yikes.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I'd honestly have to say one of the greatest times of my life was 2nd semester senior year. I had SOME blow classes and 2 that mattered. But the great thing was, 2nd semester and especially at the end, the teachers didn't even care either. I had 24 absenses in my 1st period class, and constantly was taking triple lunches with a group of people. What a great year that was......

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Getting out of high school looks great now syP but let me tell you later down the road when you are working everyday 9-5 and dealing with life, you will realize that high school was one of the best times of your life.

If you can, stay in school and finish up the rest of the year with your friends and have fun. I know classes suck but just wait till you get to college. Enjoy the time there because soon enough you will then have to worry about your gpa in college, future job placement, and what you are going to do with your life.

I know you get out early by five months but dont reget those 5 months twenty years down the road. Life is to short, so enjoy the freedom and fun times you are given.

BTW get that piece of shizt car fixed! :D

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
ha nice to see others did what i did.

man i missed so much class my last year in hs but still got awesome grades. cuz i took fun stuff and stuff that i just had toshow up on labs basically.

man that year was great, but i had a really cool class too they all got really fun to hang with senior year. and i agree with ron on the hot girls statement.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle@Dec 10 2004, 02:37 PM
ha nice to see others did what i did.

man i missed so much class my last year in hs but still got awesome grades.  cuz i took fun stuff and stuff that i just had toshow up on labs basically.

man that year was great, but i had a really cool class too they all got really fun to hang with senior year.  and i agree with ron on the hot girls statement.
[snapback]63482[/snapback]​

Stay, don't leave. Highschool is the most fun you will have in your entire life.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
damn... wish we had an early graduation policy :( Ida started college sooner heh (started at Roosevelt 3 days after highschool graduation... 75% off tuition until your first fall semester outta Highschool!)

Getting your Gen Eds in (as many as you can) early though is a good idea... sooner you complete everything sooner you can get your degree (and if you go year round only takes 2 years :p)

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Dec 10 2004, 02:36 PM
I know classes suck but just wait till you get to college. Enjoy the time there because soon enough you will then have to worry about your gpa in college, future job placement, and what you are going to do with your life.

Haha so true. College is kicking my ass, and i got good grades in high school. This is the toughest year i've ever had in school :ph34r:

Originally posted by Mike K@Dec 10 2004, 03:16 PM
Stay, don't leave.  Highschool is the most fun you will have in your entire life.
[snapback]63484[/snapback]​

werd..2nd semester of high school was the best time of the 4 years i was there. all we did was constantly party. i had like 4 classes, all electives. i got out of school at 1:15pm and had the rest of the day to chill. Remember, this may be the last time in your life you ever see some of the people you may be friends with now, dont waste it because you want to work and go to college early, you have the rest of your life for that.

" Before you know it, your gonna havta pay to get girls like this "

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
I had all of my "credits" done at the end of my Junior year of high school.

My high school would only allow for a early graduation of one semester. However, I was allowed to only be there half day for the semester...

So here was my "schedule"

1st hour - Study Hall
2nd hour - P.E.
3rd hour - Computer Lab (haha)
4th hour - Study Hall
Lunch

I basically would just hang out all morning or stay in the gym and do P.E. class all morning... The gym teacher didn't mind and neither would i as he let the seniors pick on the underclassmen. LOL

In the afternoon of my first semester i took two classes at the community college.

The spring semester I took a full load at the community college. (and worked)

My high school was lame so I was glad to get out.

College was a way better time. Get out of high school early. Do a semester or two of commmunity college. That will ease your transition and lower your class burden a bit so you can relax more at teh 4 year location...

I regret that I worked FT my first couple years of college as our freshmen year dorm floor kicked some serious ass and I always had to work weekends.... :(

I have zero regrets about leaving high school early.

YMMV>

Went Home

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
lol.. i think you guys misinterpreted me.

I will be working 2nd semester while every1 else is still in HighSchool.

Then summer will come, then i will be in college come fall, just like everyone else.

I will just be making alot of money throughout spring/summer to spend in college/towards a new car.

heh.. for the record, I AM GOING TO COLLEGE AT NORMAL START TIME, just leaving HS early :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info