3800 magnaflow vs flowmaster...

Well, I am contemplateing whether or not to get new mufflers in the spring time. I am going to put some new tips on since they are rusting away and thought maybe i could get some new mufflers as well. I like my flowmasters alot, they have a nice deep rumble, but when i get on it only like 50% of going wot, they sound like the hugest fart cans. I just want to know with my mods, if this will happen with the magnaflows. Plus, the drone is starting to annoy me with my flows. Thanks

zack

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Dec 10 2004, 08:05 AM
You know you want Magnaflows just like me  :D
[snapback]63404[/snapback]​
I had the flowmaster f40's on my black GTP. They are definately MUCH louder and produce more drone in the car. I also had a lot of my interior gone, so I had more than regular drone. I got used to it, and had a system in the car. The only time it was really bad was on a roadtrip to Florida, noone cared because they each got to drive.
The f40's sound real nice, not ricey, mine were not raspy. they did rust out after 4/5 years. I upgraded to SS magnaflows, I got a hell of a deal.

The Magnaflows are awesome. They are much quieter in the cabin. That was the biggest pleaser. They are not that loud on the outside either, just a nice mellow tone. I am very pleased. I would definately choose Magnaflow over the Flowmaster, unless you really want a loud car....

Peace out,

Joe A

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by joeyboy777+Dec 10 2004, 09:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rjaz gtp
@Dec 10 2004, 08:05 AM
You know you want Magnaflows just like me  :D
[snapback]63404[/snapback]​
I had the flowmaster f40's on my black GTP. They are definately MUCH louder and produce more drone in the car. I also had a lot of my interior gone, so I had more than regular drone. I got used to it, and had a system in the car. The only time it was really bad was on a roadtrip to Florida, noone cared because they each got to drive.
The f40's sound real nice, not ricey, mine were not raspy. they did rust out after 4/5 years. I upgraded to SS magnaflows, I got a hell of a deal.

The Magnaflows are awesome. They are much quieter in the cabin. That was the biggest pleaser. They are not that loud on the outside either, just a nice mellow tone. I am very pleased. I would definately choose Magnaflow over the Flowmaster, unless you really want a loud car....

Peace out,

Joe A
[snapback]63412[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree the Magnaflows are good, I've had it on 2 cars and they sound real nice. If you notice to if you see the show Overhaul they use nothing but Magnaflows so what does that tell you. ;)

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
[/quote]
If you notice to if you see the show Overhaul they use nothing but Magnaflows so what does that tell you. ;)
[snapback]63413[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It tells me-
The show Overhauling uses Magnaflow exausts because they are a major sponsor of the program. :p Don't get me wrong though I have Magnaflows and love them. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info