3800 FINALLY PS2 games on HDD!!!

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I am using a MAXTOR DiamondMax 160GB..it fits nicely behind the network adapter..no modding needed..the sony one of 40GB is too small. Im sure I would fill that up in a heartbeat.. The nice thing is once the HD is filled I can swap it out for a new fresh one.. by simply removing the network adapter and plugging in a fresh drive..ahhh i like simplicity..

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Come over sometime Alex. Ill let you play KOTR. You will quickly change your mind.

Not a big racing game fan, unless it starts with cruisin. :lol: And I can only steal so many cars and get to 5 stars and run from the cops and kill people before it gets boring. :lolsign:

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Try call of duty: finest hour.

I rented it the other day. DAMN thats a fun WWII era game..

The story line is pretty cool so far. You basically play different characters in differt fronts of the WWII each has a unique story. RIght now I am a russian tank commander trying to supprt the troop defending a base in stalingrad..which is being over run by panzar brigades..

So far I have been a newbie soldier in stalingrad...a russian sniper..and now a tank commander..

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Dec 1 2004, 12:07 PM
You can keep San Andreas. We have Knights of the old republic.
[snapback]61938[/snapback]​
computer has knights of the old republic too. i don't even like star wars but that game does look cool. we(ps2) also has metal gear solid snake eater. has anyone beaten the story mode of san andreas yet. i beat it in approx 40 hrs. one of my friends who got it after me and beat it before me and his time was right under 50 hrs.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The computer version got released months after xbox. Knights of the old Republic 2 comes out the 6th IIRC. That looks just as promising as the first. Id definatly pick it up.

Metal Gear Solid games are ok. Game Cube has MGS games as well. If I had the desire to play the new one I can borrow my buddy GS2.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
i loved the first metal gear solid for ps1, but i hated sons of liberty where you play as that flamer for half the game, but snake eater looks real cool. it doesn't really make much sense to me that they would re-release the re series on game cube, since the majority of gc owners are younger kids. yeah i've heard fable is real cool. your character changes in appearance if you are good and if you are evil.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
TO mod your PS2.

you will need the following.

1. Official Sony network adapter.
2. a HD anywhere from 120 to 200GB. MAXTOR Is preferred because there are no known clearance issues.
3. MOST IMPORTANT (the loader software)

You do not need a "mod chip" to use this.
You will only need a mod chip if you are playing Japanese relases..or playing backed up discs..

Other than that you are good to go.

You will be able to copy PS2 games only on CD or DVD.. but not Ps1 or dual layer DVD's.

This software works on 95% of the games out on the market currently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info