3800 Car is Dead...

I have not drove my car since Friday. I went out today and tried to start it and nothing... It would not turn over or do anything. I opened up the hood and didnt see anything out of the ordinary and there was no leakage under the car. Nothing was left on so I doubt it is the battery, but who knows... Does anyone have any ideas for me? Better yet would anyone be able to jump my car or help me determine what it is? I would greatly appreciate it seeing as I am missing my class now... Damn car I am not very happy with it at this moment in time... :angry:

Morgan

The dome lights do come on. Nothing else though. When I tried to turn on my angel eyes fogs my battery or something under the hood was clicking and they would not turn on... This both sucks and blows at the same time :angry: ... Thank you guys for the help hopefully I can get this sorted out. Find someone to jump me as well if that is the problem... Do you think it could be the starter? I mean my car is just short of 90,000 miles. How much would that cost? I hope it is just the battery.

Morgan

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
battery is dead... 100% sure it is..

HAppend to me about 5 times already... something is running while the car is off... do you have a sound system??? that was the problem with my old system.. the AMP always stayed on, thus killing the battery after 24 hours of just sitting there....

Mabye a radar detector also, although those dont take up that much power.

OvANGLvO

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
Originally posted by My GT The White Stallion@Nov 15 2004, 01:04 PM
I have not drove my car since Friday. I went out today and tried to start it and nothing... It would not turn over or do anything. I opened up the hood and didnt see anything out of the ordinary and there was no leakage under the car. Nothing was left on so I doubt it is the battery, but who knows... Does anyone have any ideas for me? Better yet would anyone be able to jump my car or help me determine what it is? I would greatly appreciate it seeing as I am missing my class now... Damn car I am not very happy with it at this moment in time... :angry:

Morgan
[snapback]60334[/snapback]​

My brother is actually having the same problem with his car... but stuff inside of it is lighting up and starting. My dad replaced the battery... and went to give the old one back and the car wouldn't start again.. I need some help on this one.

I replaced my battery last night and knock on wood it started this morning and after class. I am pretty sure it is a short in my new fog lamps somewhere, which is causing the battery to get drained. I was told it may be one of three things last night the battery is dead, there is a short somewhere in your electrical system, or your starter is bad. You might want to check the alternator as well. Hope this helps some.

Morgan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info