3800 She's on her way...but not there yet...

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well last time I went to the track, i got a

60' - 2.222
1/4 mph - 99.87
1/4 et - 14.026

Since then, the weather dropped 10*-20*, I installed my ported TB, and I just started this week to tune the car with my DHP PowerTuner. So I have a majority of stock code, slightly richened, and dhp shift points/firmness.

Well....you guys should have gone. There were only like 20-30 cars there. Zero line most of the time. The only down side was traction. I had 8 passes and never got less than a 2.220 60' :( . I ended up with wheel hop or spinning the tires for most of the runs. It sucked, and I tried multiple take offs...but nothing.

So my new PB is:

60' - 2.220
1/4 mph - 100.79
1/4 et - 13.859

I know, I know...i have a ways to go before I catch the other turbo cars. This run was done with a complete interior (spare still in the trunk and all), 93 octane, and 9 un-intercooled psi. My only "performance" mods are Custom HVII, Ported TB w/LS1 MAF, custom pcm, no cat, no ubend, and the turbo.

So even though I'm far from the vendor cars on times, I still feel this shows the advantage of a more efficient forced induction. I dont believe the average GTP would hit that 1/4 with my mods and 9 psi (basically stock psi). But this is my opinion.

Look for better times once I get my new tires, new upper manifold, and finally get her tuned.

That is all...I'll shut up. :D

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Thanx guys, its been sort of upsetting since my engine is a natural knocker. I doubt there has been a day in its life without knock :(

Next mods are:

Custom upper manifold that attaches to the L67 Lower Manifold (I'm making it :D )
Completely tuned with my Power Tuner
Turn up the boost with my manual boost controller sitting in the garage:D

I dont know if you guys have seen my site lately, but there is a list of all the turbo cars, times, and mods. One of the guys has a bigger exhaust and rockers over me. With 104 Octane, Slicks and 13 un-intercooled psi he was in the mid 12s.

So next spring I am going to take my car to the track in street trim again...when its completely tuned and see how it goes. Then the next time to the track I will have full race prep (race gas, dropped wieght, opened exhaust, etc) and be shooting for 12s on street tires and no other major mods. :D

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
There is no more of a reason to intercool turbos as there is to intercool roots blowers. As long as you watch knock....your fine. I still think my knock can be tuned away.

But yes I have thought about it. I dont have the money or time right now. It would involve a lot of custom fabrication, which i could do...but again dont have the money to do. Eventually Ill have one....but I want to run 12s without. We will see what happens :) .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info