3800 SS intercooler or full size?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
what would you suggest for me to just dip into the 12's?

I really dont want to go deep at all. Would the TOGs/SS IC/3.0pulley reach me there?

I have TOGs on order, and i got close to the amount of an SS IC. I really do not see the need to spending 1k for an intercooler that i just wanna dip into the 12's. What is your input?
Thanks
Ryan

stop buying stuff until the car gets fixed. buy a scanner. i know what you are saying ryan about the ss ic. it seems to be nice for the money. not everyone can front up between 1300 to 1600 for full blown out ic's. i myself really don't ever plan on spending that money but the ss is nice cause it will benefit my car alot for what i want to do with it. just wait until we get the headers on and then go from there.

z

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ryan, 13.2 (105 - 107mph traps too) with our intercooler, a DHP, FWI, 2.5" downpipe, and 3.0 pulley. Our test car has stock manifolds (intake and exhaust), throttle body, blower, rockers, cam, heads, etc.

You have all of our mod list, if not the better equivilents, and you have rockers on top of it. A full size intercooler would put you into the 12's with a good launch. No matter which one you choose (Ours, ZZP's stage II, Intense's new one) you're going to love it. Just avoide the smaller intercooler. It's more of an excessive knock eliminator, and really only allows you to drop down one pulley.

With our intercooler I went from a 3.4 to a 3.0 and picked up 32.8 wheel horsepower with no other changes. :)

If I would have been able to squeeze more than 14 degrees of timing out of the car, I would have been well into the 12's... Live and learn I suppose (and buy a powrtuner!).

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Adam86@Oct 16 2004, 05:16 AM

paul

the intercooler will solve all of his knock problems :headbang:
[/quote]
Yes, BUT, You should solve your knock issues thus far along with your mods. There may be a non-mod related problem you need to address before you install an IC.

This way you get the full potentail out of you go fast componants. Not bury you probs-with-mods....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info