3800 True Duals Ownz0r!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
http://www.transamws6.net/Movies/TrueDual.wmv

Right click and save as ... definetly helps if you have a subwoofer... or at least powered speakers w/some bass ... I listened to it at first and it sounded like crap... not at all like it sounds in real life... then I realized my bass was totally turned down

Just got my car back from Speed Inc... (TA) , 3" exhaust all the way back through a custom X-Pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, and turn downs before the rear axel ... sounds ALOT deeper :) and no rasp!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by syP@Sep 24 2004, 12:22 PM
didnt you already have trual duals?
No, before I had the Headers going down to a 3" collector, into a 3" ORP on each collector, that went down to a 2.5" Y-Pipe, then to a 3" I-Pipe, to my 3" Borla Cat-Back exhaust... So before while I had 2 exhaust exits in back... there was a Y Pipe that brought both Headers into a single I-Pipe, then it went back out to the dual tips

Now it's actually 1 3" pipe for each header, going through an X-Pipe and dumping through some high flow Magnaflow mufflers

(and yea this is on my TA)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by horist+Sep 24 2004, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (horist @ Sep 24 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-syP@Sep 24 2004, 12:22 PM
didnt you already have trual duals?
No, before I had the Headers going down to a 3" collector, into a 3" ORP on each collector, that went down to a 2.5" Y-Pipe, then to a 3" I-Pipe, to my 3" Borla Cat-Back exhaust... So before while I had 2 exhaust exits in back... there was a Y Pipe that brought both Headers into a single I-Pipe, then it went back out to the dual tips

Now it's actually 1 3" pipe for each header, going through an X-Pipe and dumping through some high flow Magnaflow mufflers

(and yea this is on my TA) [/b][/quote]
Is your street pharmacy hiring? :lol:

*runs*

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by syP@Sep 24 2004, 12:49 PM
ah ok.. get rid of the borla now eh??

how do they new mufflers sound?
MUCH better than my borla... the borla sounded ok at idle, but w/out Cats it was really Raspy between 2000 and 2500 RPM (cruise RPM)

The new setup is much deeper sounding... I had on three occasions on the way home people ask me what kind of engine was in it... 1 guy wouldn't believe it was an EFI Stroked LS1 ... he thought for sure it was carbed... another guy asked me if it was a chevy or a pontiac big block ... heh

But it's a deep sound... at cruise it actually sounds quieter but still deeper than the borla... it's a little louder inside the car (the dumps are basically just below where the rear seats used to be) but not much louder than the borla was... I'm happy :) I'll get some sound clips of it tomorrow :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info