3800 INTENSE Street/Strip Performance Shift Pak

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by gtpkid2004@Sep 6 2004, 12:25 AM
I would be careful though, don't get thrasher..i did and put it on the highest setting, and damn, blew my fricken trans 2 days later...3100 bucks! So be careful...thats all i have to say.
Damn there must of been something seriously wrong with your trans if it blew in 2 days. :eek: I have thrasher's shift kit on max and a DHP so my car shifts hard and i've had it for a couple of months now.

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by mybluegtp+Sep 6 2004, 12:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybluegtp @ Sep 6 2004, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gtpkid2004@Sep 6 2004, 12:25 AM
I would be careful though, don't get thrasher..i did and put it on the highest setting, and damn, blew my fricken trans 2 days later...3100 bucks! So be careful...thats all i have to say.
Damn there must of been something seriously wrong with your trans if it blew in 2 days. :eek: I have thrasher's shift kit on max and a DHP so my car shifts hard and i've had it for a couple of months now. [/b][/quote]
My trans has started to click every time I go reverse is that a bad sign? Maybe I shouldnt install the Shift pack. It all started when I got my engine rebuilt.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by evastos@Sep 6 2004, 12:11 PM
My trans has started to click every time I go reverse is that a bad sign? Maybe I shouldnt install the Shift pack. It all started when I got my engine rebuilt.
I had that problem and it was my trans mount, you might need to replace that but if they rebuilt your engine they should of done that along with your lower engine mount. :unsure:

00 GTP Debadged

Regular
Dec 27, 2008
Originally posted by evastos+Sep 6 2004, 12:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evastos @ Sep 6 2004, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Sep 6 2004, 12:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gtpkid2004
@Sep 6 2004, 12:25 AM

Damn there must of been something seriously wrong with your trans if it blew in 2 days. :eek: I have thrasher's shift kit on max and a DHP so my car shifts hard and i've had it for a couple of months now.
My trans has started to click every time I go reverse is that a bad sign? Maybe I shouldnt install the Shift pack. It all started when I got my engine rebuilt. [/b][/quote]
Mine did that too, and I tightened the upper motor mounts and it went away. You may want to check that.

Randy

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by SweetGTP99@Sep 7 2004, 11:52 PM
if the trans blows up they will have to look.....

Ill just call and ask them...
Bobby, I don't think they would ever be able to catch it. General practice is to replace the transmission, not rebuild it, or so has been my experience.

If they were to find it, you can claim ignorance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info