3800 what to paint in engine bay while its apart

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
I will be taking the engine apart to put on an IC. While I have various parts off, what are some that I should paint. I have seen a coulpe pics, but not everything can be seen. What parts will not hamper the motor or cause damage. can I repaint the uper manifold, supercharger, valve covers.....

here is a pic

6491p1010011.jpg

Also, I will be putting in an IC once I receive my fuel rails and ICCU. sometime this week. I am in the Gurnee area if anyone could help out. I hav everything for the setup that I can think of. Will I also want larger injectors? and I will be putting in new spark plugs, i have an extra set of platinum ngks sitting around gapped at .6. Will it be OK to use these or will I need something a few ranges colder. I believe the platinum ngks are 1 heat range cooler than stock.

I cant wait to get my car together.
574609_8_full.jpg

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
My car is the second one. The first pic is a pic of Bill Luster's car that i stole off of club gp. I posted it to show the other parts that can be painted.
I was wondering what else can be painted when I have the manifold and up off.

As for mods... engine wise i have TOG's, Wizair, 3.25 pully on mag snout, custom pcm, 180 stat, ngk 55's, Gen II LSD, 2800 stall TC, and race trans.
Soon to be added, IC, 2.75 pully, iccu, fuel rails, repro pcm.

The car looks different than most. The shop says a lot of people stop by to check out the car and ask a lot of questions about it... i like it.

for appereance i have aed bodykit, cf f1 hood, 18" konings w/cf centers, cf bbot, cf overlay console, cf shift indicator, cf cluster overlay, autometer cf gauges, yellow racing seats in back.

Handeling. Koni's, gmpp package, f1 brake kit, ss brake lines.

To do, ne TB, paint engine bay, anything else????

Joe A

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
Oh man, you know what, by coincidence, are you by the chain of lakes and was that picture taken at that mod shop down there?
I was speedboating with a buddy up there last week and I think I saw your car in the parking lot. That shop made me curious, but I didn't have time to stop in...

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by Fish@Aug 24 2004, 08:04 PM
Im not a GTP guy, but wouldnt you think that a 2.75 pulley would be too much?? Have rockers or a cam done??

If not, Id do rockers at least since you would be working on the engine anyway. Looks like a sweet plan though.
nah fish, its all good well i guess depending on what IC he gets. but i have a 2.8 on mine now with just about no mods except the usual and IC. he would be more than safe to run that pulley with the headers, but if he did get rockers or cam it would just amplify them

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Aug 25 2004, 01:28 PM
your car is gonna be sweet man. and i can help install it
I see there are a lot of people to help. That is awesome.
I am waiting on my prj fuel rails to do the setup, he said they should be shipping this week.
Im hoping for an install this weekend or the weekend of september 11th... were going to vegas for labor day weekend... vegas baby....

Toastyj... yes, the car is at Xclusive Auto on rt59/12 in fox lake area. They did a badass job. The painter fixed my bumber up real nice and it looks like factory paint again. If you go there, talk to James. he can hook it up. James is the vinyl guy, rudy is the fiberglass guy and there is another one there that is the painter.
tell them you heard of them from me... guy w/silver GP.

As soon as I get all the peices, Ill get in touch with everyone.

joe a

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info