3800 gonna build a short block

I

imported_snoop

just like the title says. it is gonna have new bearings in it. i will take pics of the "toy" as i build it. just trying to see if anybody would be interested. gonna ask $500 for it. it will include new bearings, pistons are cleaned and are like new, it will have a VS cam in it, and i am going to throw in the OR pushrods. let me know if anybody is interested. shipping will be free for this.

I

imported_snoop

well its up to you guys. the bearings will be in today and i will start it today. i got pics but forgot my camera at home. my question to you all is who ever is interested in this, do you want GT pistons(9.5:1) or GTP pistons(8.4:1). let me know, this is a toss up. i think it will be alot better with the GT pistons( thats my recommendation), but that is whoevers call.

I

imported_snoop

alright, i will throw on a set of heads also. they are pretty much brand new. magnaflux, and everything was checked on them. came out clean. they were baked and the whole nine. i will throw those on there. or start selling everything seperate if interested.

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by syP@Sep 9 2004, 06:29 AM
ok i know nothing on this subject.. i jst know bolt ons more.. What types of gain will be seen with this (i know it depends on current mods, but shoot me a estimate) SInce i have rockers, i obviously have to swap those out for stock rockers for the cam to work properly... correct?
with the cam, it will open your valves up even more and keep them open slightly longer also than what you got in your car now allowing better more flow. yes, you have to switch back to stock rockers. i think the 1.7 ratio rockers work with this cam not exact though(if you want me to explain, let me know). with your setup as is right now syp, this setup will give you more top end and you will feel the difference, but with your 1.9's, it is not necessary. doing the install will be no biggie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info