3800 BUSTED

M

mother1998

I decided to go out drinking and driving with my buddy the other night. to make a long story short Summit police ended that excursion.
I had booze in my car, on my breath, etc. It was bad. I failed EVERY test they gave me. They took me ti the police station. ----- They wrote me a non-moving citation(negligent driving) --------Here's my point. I caught a HUGE HUGE HUGE blessing. I could have lost my license, my job, freedom, cash, and most important, I put my life and everyone around's life in danger. I have the utmost remorse and regret for this particular stiuation. I apologize to anyone who mught have crossed my path that night, and I thank the Summit cops for writing me a 50 dollar ticket, and a 180 tow. They saved lives that night. I blew (off the record) a .18 BAC an hour and a half after they stopped me! This is one break I will NEVER forget. :mellow:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
you should be in jail right now... and for a long long time... yet you seem like you're bragging about it....

you say right away you diceded to go out drinking and driving... are you stupid? or maybe you're just retarded?

you're an asshole and you should be jail right now... the summit cops were idiots for letting you go....

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by horist@Aug 11 2004, 12:10 AM
you should be in jail right now... and for a long long time...      yet you seem like you're bragging about it.... 

you say right away you diceded to go out drinking and driving... are you stupid?  or maybe you're just retarded? 

you're an asshole and you should be jail right now...  the summit cops were idiots for letting you go....
:ph34r:

I partially agree that you are a dumbass for doing that.... but you are in a pretty thankful mood that you are let off big time. I know the feeling of what you are going through now, as ihave been in a pickle and got let off big time (not alcohol, but deep trouble situation)

Just dont do it again for all our sakes.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Horist,

I don't think his post was coming off like that; however, I'm not a big fan of people who drink and drive.

My mother's father (who I have never met) was killed by a drunk driver when my mom was 4 years old. Her mom had to raise her and her other 7 (yes SEVEN) siblings alone. Of course, the person who hit and killed him walked away without a scratch ........

The ONLY thing you should be lucky for is that you didn't kill anyone. Yeah you are also lucky that you didn't get tickets, etc, but IMHO they really should have thrown the book at you because it undermines the deterence factor if they randomly let people go....

The reality is they were probably too lazy to do all of the proper paperwork and that is why you were let go.

At least it sounds as if you LEARNED from this event and it won't happen again!

Nothing wrong with having fun as long as you do it responsibly.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Just don't bring it up. No one wants to know.

.18? Of all the people to let go, they let someone who blew over twice the legal limit off the hook? That's amazing. I would press charges on the cop that didn't press charges.

I agree with Mike... You should be in jail. For all the stupid stuff I've ever done while drinking I've never once thought to drive and won't drive if I'm having more than 2 drinks. I catch a lot of crap for it, but I can know that at least my dumb impaired ass is stationary and not acting as a weapon.

Great that you're feeling sorry for this, but there is no need to express to us that you're feeling sorry. You're only going to go out of your way to lose the respect of a bunch of people you have yet to even meet.

Learn something from this. Please. People like you are the reason why I check left and right before pulling away from a green light.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
you're posting on a public forum about getting outta drunk driving ticket, and later putting up a .18 BAC .... sounds like bragging... why even bother post this??? what was the purpose of posting? i dont get that.... sounds like you just wanted to get some attention.... also sounds like you went out w/the intention of driving while intoxicated... all i have to say about that.. if you do it again and happen to hit my car... you better make sure you hit me hard enough to kill me... I have NO SYMPATHY for people that drive drunk....

M

mother1998

That's cool, Horist. I am just expressing some of my guilt. I don't feel people SHOULDN'T know what a dumb ass I was. I am glad I am alive and nobody is hurt. I said in the post "let the critism fly"...I just want people to know this point. You may do wrong, wrong may be done to you, but in the end it was all product by design. I will NEVER drink and drive again. Oh, and the part about the Scummit cops they are assholes who do not deserve to be serving and protecting anyone.

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
"I decided to go out drinking and driving with my buddy the other night."

Dude, you are a loser, plain and simple. This isn't a behavior that you learn is wrong and then stop when you are an adult. Some people were not raised properly and thus continue making bad decisions into adulthood. You can thank your parents (or lack of) for that.

I feel sorry for the hand you were dealt.

I

imported_GraFFix

well you people are pretty harsh...I dont think he was bragging about not getting busted..Seems to me he has learned a lesson and is remorsefull of it all.

Ill bet more then half the people giving this guy shit have driven under the influence at one point in time...

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
More often than not, when people experience true guilt over a situation, they also carry a feeling of shame about them that precurses conversation and forces them into a state of silence where they don't typically talk about the event that created the feeling.
I believe that you are either boasting about the event OR are so releived that you had to get it off your chest by posting it on this forum. It's highly unlikely that you are THAT disgusted with yourself about this.
If you ARE that disgusted with yourself, don't post something like this looking for acceptance in public, your better off having your own realization and keeping it to yourself than letting the world know.
Ultimately you won't find the feeling your looking for on the message board. Let it stir around in your own head, man.
You shouldn't have posted this foolishness, and despite what you may say it looks like boasting, even if you truly don't mean it as such.

Don't drink and drive to the point that it'll cause you trouble, dude!

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm not going to cast a stone.

It's by the grace of God that I survived my early twenties. .18, I can't say that I've driven THAT stupid but I won't cast a stone. I'd read 00GTPSC's post about the cop and really think about your future and the future of anyone else that doing this again can effect. What probably saved me was the fact that the bar I'd frequent the most was right next to a Denny's. An hour and a half of omlets and burgers always worked wonders for the crew!

princess01

Jun 16, 2008
I know that he was not bosting about the whole situation. Everyone is entitled to make mistakes and no one is perfect. Yes it was stupid of him to put in on the website though. Go out and ask everyone you know that is over 21 and people that you know that drink that are under 21 and see how many of them had a drink and went behind the wheel. It doesn't matter if you have one drink or 50 drinks, it is still considered drinking and driving. For those of you that have never had a drink and driven than good for you and this doesn't apply to you, but for the rest of you that are calling mother1998 a loser and an idiot look at yourselves and your friends. All I am saying is don't act as innocent as you are trying to make yourselves look. I can guarantee that atleast one of you that insulted mother1998 for his wrong decision has gotten behind the wheel after drinking something. :rolleyes:

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ill bet more then half the people giving this guy shit have driven under the influence at one point in time...

I second this remark Joe you all need to leave him alone and back off dude. He just put that he made a mistake and is sorry for doing it in the first place.

Horist I can't believe you had the nerve to open your mouth and say I would never drink and drive. So let me get this straight when you were drunk at LP's and got into your Trans Am to do a sick ass burnout were you not DRUNK!!! Be quiet!!

I for one know that we have member's that do drink and drive hell even having a beer is still drinking and driving I don't care if you say your sobber enough to drive...THAT IS BS!!!! Leave the poor guy alone and stop bashing. I admit I drink and drive but if I'm hammered I'm not driving home I'm staying at someone's house. you know what if I cause an acident for my stupidity that's my fault not yours. Nobody put a gun to my head and said you have to drink and especially drive. Cut the man some slack...

Since everyone feels like this FROM NOW ON THERE IS TO BE NO MORE ALCOHOL AT ANY MOD DAYS SINCE YOU ALL HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY PEOPLE THAT DRINK AND DRIVE ARE STUPID AND JUST PLAIN DUMB!!!!

and you all truly pissed me off except you Joe and the other's that didn't bash the poor guy.

Leo. just my .02 cents....

say something now!!! :angry: :angry:

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
I only tried to throw in my .02 explaining the best I could what would be better for his situation as it stands, without inadvertantly putting a knife in his back.

Hey man, people make mistakes and the D&D thing is more sensitive to some people than others, but my only advice for your well being is be more picky about what you choose to find advocacy for and what you keep to yourself and learn from. Im just trying to show you to look beyond the immediate issue (which hopefully was dealt with by whatever decision the police ultimately made) and see the scope of bringing a personal issue like that to a public table.

Good luck, dude! :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info