3800 DHP and Premium fuel

gt2000

Feb 14, 2008
Ok last Wednesday I ordered my DHP and can't wait for it to get here! But I was wondering on the gas situation. I see that it recommends premium gas but it also says you can use 91 octane? Around here the premium gas is 93 octane. Is it, or would it be ok to run 91 octane or not. I will probably run premium when it get it. But if gas prices were to skyrocket again would it be ok to use 91 octane?

Any input from the GT crowd would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a dumb question but just thought I would check into it.

-Zach

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
When i got my DHP on my GT, I used 87 octane for alittle and didnt notice much... i then moved up to 89 octane and noticed a whole lot different power, then i moved up ti 93 octane and didnt seem to notice much.

Apparently premium is what you should run to get the most out of it, but if you are in a tight squeeze for money, go with mid-grade 89 octane.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I was wondering the same thing, but from different perspective, which involves mooching off of horist again :x

I've scanned my car a few times, and I am getting 0KR with all my mods on 93 octane. 0KR no matter what the conditions. I'm thinking on trying 92 octane, autotap it for any KR, if none, then go to 91, of none, 89. I wanna pay less at the pump and get even better performance. It's not that I cant afford the gas (i really can't, actually), but for performance reasons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info