3800 Interior Painting

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Like everything, everyone has done it a little different and will have their own suggestions. I painted the interior of my Camaro silver to match my silver racing stripes. I removed all of the parts and cleaned them well with some rubbing alcohol. Second, I primed all of the pieces with two coats of primer (of course :blink: ) Then I used some vinyl spray paint from pep boys, do not use regular spray paint it just doesnt turn out the same. The vinyl adhears to the plastic. Spray a couple of coats on and if you want it to look shiny then use some regular clear coat and you are all set. Whatever you do, do not rush it cause it will look like crap. Take your time and be patient. Here is a crappy pic of how mine turned out.

266312_50_full.jpg

-Rich

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
like that one guy said you want to use a viynl paint, a good medium gloss vinyl paint should be fine, you dont want it too shiny or your gonna go blind on a sunny day, thats why they're originally not painted that glossy, i'd steer away from clearcoating them. Im not sure if they sell a plastic adhesion promoter in the store. Im a painter at a body shop and they're are certain ways to clean and prep raw plastic. sorrry for the story but i jsut dont want you to have to do it again. email me if you got any more paint ?'s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info