3800 SR Rockers Question

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
hehehe... i didnt even notice until now that i looked at them... but she engraved on the sides of them which ones are 1.8 and which are 1.85... how very convenient... ONE LAST question.. hehe sorry..

6 rockers go on 1 of the straight Bars and the other 6 go on the other straight bar... that means 1 bar will have all of the same ratio rockers and the other bar will have the same ratio rockers...

1.8-1.8-1.8-1.8-1.8-1.8
1.85-1.85-1.85-1.85-1.85-1.85

Or do they switch every other space? IE:
bar 1 = 1.8-1.85-1.8-1.85-1.8-1.85
bar 2 = 1.8-1.85-1.8-1.85-1.8-1.85

I just want to make absolute sure, because i will be doing this on my own, and im not sure if zack knows the answer to this.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
This is how the setup is in the box.. and i did not move anything.... does this look right to all you guys?

Im just making sure, no offense Lisa, but i just heard it was every other one.

rockers.jpg

The ratio is engraved on the side, so that is how i know which one is which.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Syp,

Hey man...

I just ordered rockers recently also, Intense 3rd Gens w/oil restricted pushrods. Hopefully should be here by Friday..

Anyways, I was looking across the internet to see if it was possible if I could do the install myself and came across this link :

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/mods.asp?modid=34

Its for a GT rocker install, but as you can see in the pics. The intake side is always located right above the spark plug, while the exhaust side is located above the exhaust manifold or header...

Hope this helps a bit..

Take care,

Joel
'99 GTP

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
Originally posted by syP@Apr 21 2004, 03:22 PM
This is how the setup is in the box.. and i did not move anything.... does this look right to all you guys?

Im just making sure, no offense Lisa, but i just heard it was every other one.

rockers.jpg

The ratio is engraved on the side, so that is how i know which one is which.
LMAO well then that would be hale trying to break a record installing my rockers LOL then i would just switch the 2 !!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info