3800 When Is It Time For You To Move On

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Some people get tired of their car and buy a new one. Others want faster cars and move on. And we've read what Hale's going to do after GPG.
I'm coming to realize it might be time for me to move on and get some other car. I really like my GTP, but I've spent so much time fixing it the last weekends. The modding will NEVER stop. It's like a drug! I'm at a point where I need to let it go because I need to devote more time to family and anything else besides cars.

How about you all? When will it be time for you?

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
honestly... my GTP will probably last me ~ 2 years more ... then it's time for a tow vehicle (I'll have my own house by then)

But my TA will be mine forever... my TA was the first car I ever bought... and I love it... You don't want to know how much I've put into it... and I break stuff (major stuff) several times a year... but I just love the car so I'm going to keep wasting money on it...

Regardless of the car.. if you truly love it.. breakage doesn't matter...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I almost always pick cars that I can break stuff on. Makes for a good summer diversion. I'm such a damn busibody, I'd go nuts w/o something to do on the car. To give you an idea of how much; I've had 5 different exhaust configurations on my car. Not because they were broken or rusted out, but simply trying to get the sound I want out of it. Since I just finished my new exhaust, it's coming off this week to be further modified.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I know what you guys are saying. One of the reasons why I modded was because I needed to put my spare time to productive, healthy use. But as time went by, I became totally addicted to the car. All my time went to it. A lot of money went into it. I can't stop unless I get another that I wont touch. I guess I'm going after realiability (in order to spend more time on other matters) and forgoing the need for speed :huh: :ph34r: :blink: :unsure: . I don't know...

J.E.T.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Yeah man, i just turned 19 and i'm already on my 4th car. Well technically 3 me and my mom shared a car before i got my first. But i love my GTP right now. That's gonna be my every day driving car for a long long time. But i always got good ol project mayhem on the side when i need it.

Jim

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
I can always move on but I have too many miles on my car so I want be trading it in I will keep her until she can't run anymore. Its just that the modding will slow down I have a son that going to college in two years. So I have to put money else where. I like the car alot I just need to stop beating the hell out of her. I really enjoy the mod days and the events of a car club. The Grand Prix Community is one the best in my opinion. :))

I

imported_GraFFix

My cars payed for...Ive been debating on what to do from this point. Im sure ill keep the GP for a long time still...

But...that rear wheel drive and more power is slowly calling my name. So...im sure ill have another 'toy' soon..and the GP will become my daily driver..lol

its to dam sexy not to drive it :)

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I've been thinking about this for awhile. Not becuase i want something faster but because for going to college next year i can't keep dumping money into this car (it's so addicting) I was possibly thinking of selling the GTP for just a GT or something along those lines. Just a car i can beat on and not worry about.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I have thought about that. But if I were to get another car I would still be spending money on that one also. So why stop now. I have taken this car so far it would be hard to drop down and pay more money for another car. Especially to slow down to a corvettes level :D
I would hang in there. Normally that bad feeling goes away once the car is running again and you feel the pull.
You can't rid of the mod bug until it is done with you :p

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
Originally posted by LP 3800@Apr 19 2004, 04:28 PM
I have thought about that. But if I were to get another car I would still be spending money on that one also. So why stop now. I have taken this car so far it would be hard to drop down and pay more money for another car. Especially to slow down to a corvettes level :D
I would hang in there. Normally that bad feeling goes away once the car is running again and you feel the pull.
You can't rid of the mod bug until it is done with you :p
DAMN RIGHT!!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info