3800 from a good mood to bad.. REAL FAST >:(

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
LONG READ>>> NO SPARK NOTES!!

Im sorry to be bashing anyone with this.. or to whom it may concern..

But i cannot stange Village Pontiac. That is where i bought my car in '99. It needed some small minor services so i took it in yesterday (monday apr 5) All 4 door panels were coming off due to alot of vibration from the subs, over and over. I needed setting number 1 on the a/c to be fixed. Needed the trunk light asembly fixed because someone, not naming names *cough* DIAVOLO *cough* broke it ;) and something snapped under my seat, so when i move it too far forwad it gets stuck and i have to really hurt my hands and push down this plastic peice, because the motor stud snapped on one of the motors.

I knew this was gonna be bad from the start. So i drive my car there monday and my mom follows in her car. I bring it around the side and pull into their garage. I do not pull up far enough to the desk inside the garage, which is fine. So this woman driver worker there gets in and was going to move it forward 10 feet. She has trouble starting it up 2 times, (you have to TURN the key...) then she puts it in Drive, and attempts to proceed forward 10 ft. Thus the parking brake was on, the car jerks and makes a loud noise. She does it again and same result. Now i see her looking around inside the car, then finally takes off the P brake. This kinda ticked me off. So the jerk at the desk named, Robert, is giving me shit being all cocky. I typed out directs on what needed to be done. They were very general directions given to my dad because he knew the problems and could explain it into more depth to the guy. (i typed it out 1 week back) So change of plans, I had to go and take the car in with my mom, not my dad. So my mom gave him the directions on what needed to be done, and he wouldnt give me time to explain it before he questioned everything, saying there needed to be more detail. Once he came to the Trunk light question, i FLIPPED. this is how the convers goes...

Robert "Now I see here you put trunk light, inside of trunk, does not work"
Me "Yea"
Robert "What do you mean it does not work"
Me "When i open the trunk, no light comes on"
Robert "Well did you try turning on the headlights? Where they on when the trunk was open" (DRL's?!??! moron)
Me "Regaurdless if the headlights are on or not, both times the light inside does not work"
Robert "Are you sure the headlights were on"
Me "Everytime i open the trunk no lights come on what ever i do. They are BROKEN!"

He just proceeds to type on the computer and talk on the phone. At this point I am steaming mad, and I turn away in disgust calling him a "dick" under my breather to my mom. She asked me if i needed to wait out in the car. I just didnt say anything because i knew it wouldnt get me anywhere. So while he was on the phone he just shoed us away to come back the next day. (today tues apr 6) It shoulda been ready for pickup by 3:30pm.

I get home from school today, and my dad is home, because we were supposed to get the Grand Prix. I ask him if he is ready, and he says, that the dealership has not even started to work on the car yet. He was as pissed as I was. We made this appointment 1 week in advance. Telling them general descriptiong of what needed to be done 1 week ago. Apparently, since it was past the 4:30 shift yesterday (monday) the night shift came on ie.. Robert (but still some Day time people were there), it just turns out I got Robert to look at it.. and he comes to late in the day. It turns out that once he starts it, he has to finish it. only him. WTF kinda organization is this?? its a COMPANY. So today he does not come back in until 4:30 to work on the car again. I needed the car 1 hour ago, and nothing has been worked on yet. My dad just called and they said that it will be ready for pickup tomorrow. My dad explained that we needed it tonight, because right after school, I got to make a drive to ACT practice every wednesday. So it is unexceptable to pick it up tomorrow. It must be done tonight. My dad gave them the whole "well dont you think that was kinda dumb to have someone from the night shift work on the car that needs to be done during the day (tues) to be picked up at 3:00pm?" (my dad said it in a more professional way and more adult way. ) He was pretty steamed none the less.

So now we are waiting on the call to see if it going to be ready tonight. If not, tomorrow some time. So they basically ruined the plans i needed the car for , today and tomorrow.

Sorry, I am quite Steamed. Forgive any of the name calling used. :( :( :(

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Man f##k that I would bitch the hell out of Robert. First I'm the customer and second fix my freaking car right now!!! A week notice to tell me this shit. I would be outraged and would have made a scene so bad the dealership's manager would come out and see what's happening.

There are 2 types of ppl in this world the type that sit around and wait for things to get done or the type that get things done. I would complain to the manager and tell him what kind of service do you have here because it fucking sucks. this is when I get my car first!!!

TinyTam95

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
I say that you should take the GP to O'Hare Ponitac in Des Plaines........I know it's a far drive for you, but you will be happy that you took your car there. They are sooooooo nice and very helpfull. I bought my GA there and John bought his GTP there as well. He won't take his GTP anywhere but there as I will only take my GA there too. As for Village, they screwed my brother and he took his car out of the shop (it was there for service) and they were jerking him around to got fed up and drove it to O'Hare and he lives in Naperville too.

You can do you what you'd like with this advise, but that's just my feelings.

Good luck.

Tammy

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
I will talk to my mom and find out what dealer it is... I cant for the life of me remember.

At one time, I would have recommended Ohare pontica for service too... but never again.... service manager is a crook... and they had my car warrenty blacklisted (even before I serioulsy modded..) I will never recommend them again.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by TinyTam95@Apr 6 2004, 07:15 PM
I say that you should take the GP to O'Hare Ponitac in Des Plaines........I know it's a far drive for you, but you will be happy that you took your car there. They are sooooooo nice and very helpfull. I bought my GA there and John bought his GTP there as well. He won't take his GTP anywhere but there as I will only take my GA there too. As for Village, they screwed my brother and he took his car out of the shop (it was there for service) and they were jerking him around to got fed up and drove it to O'Hare and he lives in Naperville too.

You can do you what you'd like with this advise, but that's just my feelings.

Good luck.

Tammy
Indeed... After looking at aproximately 20 cars and dealing with 20 horrible, high pressure, used car sales mean (read= scum), I was fed up when I walked in to O'hare. I almost bit the salesman's head off when they didn't have the car that they advertised, but then he showed me a 98' GTP they had just taken in and now she sits about an inch below, in my sig.

I digress, O'hare Pontiac raawwwks.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
If its non warrenty work you could bring it out by me. I don't have any special pull or anything but most people seem satisfied with price and service.
Our service dept just broke the retail record for the 4th time in 5 months. Retail work would be non carmax cars that people have brought in.
Its a shame that the service dept is where most dealers make their money but also the worst people to deal with. So much easy money to be made by just giving extra effort.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
oh my god.... i got my car back today. And still 2 of the 4 door panels are falling off, and they wanted $500 for the new motor alone for the seat. The trunk likght looks like something for toys r us. The only thing that was fixed was 2 panels and the number 1 on A/C. Not to mention, my car feels VERY VERY weak. I floored it and it felt worse than my dads v6 camry. I am so upset.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info