3800 Is this a good kill?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Yeah I'm sure it was the 4.3 vortec I saw it. This kid was a friend of a friend so we were talking about it earlier. This kid didn't know shit "I'm gonna swap out that motor for a camaro one, the lt1 or whatever it is" Maybe I'm the dumbass here but wouldn't he have to get pretty much the entire drivetrain swapped out? Just by listening to him talk he obviously didn't know anything about cars yet thought he did. I'm not saying i'm a guru but i obviously know 50 times as much as this kid. And yes he was the typical extreme drivers. So I was very happy to smoke him :D

Originally posted by malaka@Feb 3 2004, 01:24 AM
I had a buddy with an extreme, that ran 13.4's. He was heavily modded though, blower, rockers.......etc.
That isn't that fast, for only mid 13's? He put all that cash into his car. I could of had my old 96 Camaro RS 3.8lt running high twelves if I invested that kind of money into it. I had some people on my old message board " www.camarov6.com " pullin low 11's with no SC, just the juice and some heavy engine modding. I think on the website there is a link to a vid that shows Magnus "Chicago resident" at the strip when he did the 11 sec run. Check it out.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I got a 4.3 laying around. I always wanted to cam and SC it. 4.3 is a good engine-good torque and very availible. I can get them and parts from work-cheap. The 4.3's are used in some of the UPS package trucks....Anyway,I never looked into wether it can bolt up to a 4T65e...............Anyone....??

A friend of mine is considering SCing a 4.3 in a boat.

I see him eyeballing my old M90 on my bench...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info