AHAHAHAH....FML

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So today for almost 5 miles I got taunted by a Saturn Red Line. He would speed up and slow down right next to me. Then when we were even he would nail it. I told him I have a random misfire/bogging issue and he was like o ok. Didn't seem to stop him for the next 3 miles.

Anytime I get about 3k+ I have a random bogging/misfire issue so if anyone has any thought please let me know. I hate how every time I want to go to lukes my car is not running right. Wish I could have been there Thursday, I heard it was AWESOME!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So yesterday I went to the junk yard and bought 2 sets of coil packs and 2 ignition control modules. Also got some sweet spark plug wires. Put them all on and car still runs rough. I finally got a engine light today. Says Mass Air Flow. I took it off and cleaned it with cleaner but nothing changed. I know I have a LQ4 I believe. Is there anything else I can get today ( sunday ) to see if it runs better??

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Diagnose the problem stop throwing parts at it. You could have an intermit crank or cam signal dropping off at a certain rpm. See if someone with a scan tool can ride with u and watch different parameters when the car starts acting up.

Also why are u mad about a Saturn redline........... A Saturn redline really?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Big thanks to Horist for coming out in my time of need. The issue we think it is the fueling issue. Mike says it is dumping way to much fuel and running very rich. At idle you can get high in the car from just sitting. We got 1 maf code. Then after we cleared it nothing but misfire codes. Since he does hp tuners and doesn't know dhp my only hope is to email zzp for a new tune or how to do adjustments. Thank you again Mike for coming out to help me out. Next time, I will buy a Trans am!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info