3800 Member intoduction

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hi my name is ROB. I live on the south side of Chicago(for now). Anyway, I own a 2000 black GTP 2door that has manifested into a progect of proportions that divorices are spawned from. :rolleyes:

BACKGROUND:
I have been an engineer for 6 years. My skills include industral electrical maintenance,welding and fabrication,and mechanical. As many of you have been,I have been working on cars for a wile and discovered that its much more satisfying building your own stuff. <_<

HIGH PSI
I began modding. Homemade ram-air intake, 3.25 pulley, fan relays, 160* stat,shift kit,fuel pressure reg,cooler plugs,and running 100 octane. The car ran great! I had just recieved TOG's,2.8" pulley,200-212*.520-.520 cam, and parts for a propane injection. On my bench. :blink:

Well I couldn't wait. Even though I know the thermo-restrictions of these pulleys I ran it without any of the nessessary upgrades and did crack #3 piston.
A lesson for the weary-I must of been brain dead. In hindsite I believe the combo would of put me in the HIGH 12's with drag radials and 100oct. Did I forget some future trans moddifications. :unsure:

FUTURE
Now that I broke it,Ive just have to make it faster. So a complete teardown and rebuild is in the works. Included fulley ported heads. Looking for 220 intake and 180 flow on the exhaust and maybee some aftermarket stainless valves. :p

Whats this mean to you. There going feature the buildup on this site. Its still in the early stages of developement now but will feature this combo with technical specs including long block assembly and installation and break-in. Some of us may of been through all this. But,reguards,its may be interesting to those who haven't. :lol:

It also will be ongoing. There will be updated info and some dyno and 1/4 mile times. Hopefully,other cars(projects),will be featured as well. I personally would be interested in in some new part installations,technical,and conclusions.
For example, Centrifical blowers, nitrious applications, ect.... :)

We, I almost forgot to mention, ALFREDO (My Blue GP) Who helped develope and is working with me on this new forum. He introduced to this ILGP and is working with me. Well,stay tuned. This might sound something like the 12 SECOND ZONE. We havent finalized yet. :eek:

One thing is for sure. The better informed you are the more $$$ your going to save. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info