3800 Me vs. turbo Volvo pt. 2

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
This one was supposed to be faster (rwd still), and since I only beat the other RWD volvo by ~1 car length, my friends were sure that I would get "stomped on" ...bastards underestimate my driving. Just a for fun race since I didn't want to in the first place.

So anyways, this was right before it started to rain, so it was cold but still dry out(he had a switch to kick his turbo to 14psi or something, thats what I heard). I was afraid since this car is suppose to do low 15's, and my GT would be happy to hit high 15s with a good launch, I would lose. He said just race for fun, no money.

So we were by the elgin o'hare expy, and circle like 5 times to finally get a clear race w/no cars. Light turned red, we lined up and got ready for the race.

He brake torqued to an ungodly amount apparantly cause it even sounded like his turbo was spooled pretty well. I only did it to 2k, knowing that if I didn't spin the tires too much, maybe I could do some damage.

Side traffic light turns red, our light turns green, and we take off like a bat out of hell. His brake torque technique that he was supposed to have used at the strip didnt work out well, he spun through most of first gear. My launch was fucking amazing, if I do say so myself. My tires barely spun and I knew I kept the throttle position perfect through full range of gas, barely keeping traction, utilizing the most power I could get traction for. By the time we were under the light I had 1/2 car length on him, and he stopped spinning the tires. When we hit 40, I was about a car length ahaid, 60mph I was 2-3, 90mph I was 4 (according to my passanger).

We stopped at burger king on roselle just to talk, and I wound up getting a free rodeo burger out of the kid...even tho it was a "fun race." He probably would have had me if he knew how to launch a car correctly.

My car is still undefeated from official races, not including the summer time when I raced a 12 second, theoretical high 11 second mustang (his timeslip showed 12.6, but he said he would have done hit 11s if he if he didnt "spin the tires through the first gear," according to him). I had 5 people in the car and he had none. Either way, I had the mustang until under the light, then I saw nothing but red tail lights.

Yeah thats my last racing story of the year hopefully.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info