3800 Anyone interested in starting....

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
A counter-strike clan? There are at least 5 members on this site that play who are pretty decent... i think we can do it and host it on the side of this webpage if THAL will let us.. i was thinking -ILGPC- or -[ILGPC]- ya know.. People who play THAT I KNOW OF are.. me, Diavolo, iliveonnitro, sweetness, hale, ??GRAFFIX?? Just let me know. it would be sweet. let me know.

-ryan

T

turn_key

I still have both, not ready to give up on WON yet, but it looks like we will have to some day. WON shrinks as STEAM grows.

It's the new demos I have trouble with, it just locks up when I try to play one... just one more strike against STEAMing pile of sh|t

I

imported_GraFFix

Tony...I know your problem with Steam demos...you cant run them like the old WON demos.

For WON demos you just go to console and type "play <demoname>"

For STEAM Demos...create a LAN game with the map that the demo is from then you can go into console and type "play <demoname>" for some reason in STEAM you have to load the map first in a LAN then watch it...its a POS if you ask me

==================================================

Charles, WON and STEAM are just different ways to connect to the game...Half-Life used to use the WON authentification method. meaning before you could join a online server you would first have to auth thru the WON database..there it would check for CD key and connect you to the server.

Now Valve has changed this and is getting rid of the WON system and is now going with a new system called STEAM...basically does the same thing...but loads 2X slower, is very buggy...but the reason theirs doing this is because there will be a subscription option for future games...basically when Valve comes out with a new game you will have the option to pay for it online and download it right thru Steam...or another option is to pay $10-15 per month and you get unlimited downloads from Valve...so for 120 a year you might be able to download 5-6 games..i dont see it becomeing to popular i would rather physically own the disk but thats just me.

the consensus in the gaming community is that STEAM sucks but nothing we can do about it...

T

turn_key

Ahh, I didn't know that... bastages! I was trying to start it straight from the console. Thanks bro, now I can hit the demo garage! ;)

======================

Charles, STEAM also provides updates to the games you play. Instead of downloading a new 700MB update every few months STEAM downloads updates as they come out. They say it's a time saver but it's not, considering STEAM is so buggy and slow I bet I can dl 700MB faster than they can update a sprite.

The best we can all wish for is they work out the bugs.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by beyerch@Dec 18 2003, 10:00 AM
i have no clue what the hell you're talking about STEAM and WON wtf is that?

Lets do Quake 1 I still play that... I played a little CS.... I know a guy sitting next to me here that could probably take all of you out at the same time in CS :)
STEAM is what Valve's new interface is. You no longer connect through WON.net networks. Steam is overall better, but a lot slower and a huge resource hog. It also has a lot of bugs to work out.

Sad part is, they could charge monthly...they wont for CS, but they may for future games, especially if HL2 incorporates STEAM.

BTW, tell the guy next to you that I was cal-m after 3 months of playing, and when 1.4 came out w/o bhop, i dropped to cal-im and quit CS. Tell him that no one can own me when bhop is allowed.

TFC offense is based off bunnyhopping, and turn out to own CS if they ever transition. Note me :)

I

imported_GraFFix

I am the king Bunnyhopper...Seriously. thats one of the reasons why im always geting accused of cheating and getting banned from servers...the newbs dont know how to bhop and refuse to believe that a soldier or a medic can move that fast..so I end up getting kicked and banned at times..I think im up to around 50 servers i cant even go to anymore...I love taking screenshots of people accusing me...

heres a few screenshots i have uploaded..like I said i usually pub as G0RF..

im_a_bot.jpg

bhop_goodness.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

Fourtunatly, there are still servers on WON that run a Bhop hook to uncap the speed limit. those are my favorite servers. all the other Servers be it WON or Steam have the speed limit capped at 170% so you can go almost 2X as fast as normal if you know what your doing. but Bhop servers are uncapped..so you can go as fast as your skill will let you. can you say warp speed

I challenge anyone to bhop faster then me on a Bhop server. its not going to happen..believe me..
hell Ill challenge anyone to bhop faster then me on any server...yea im that confident.

I cant stand what they did to CS..you jump once and its like you fall into a pit of mud and it takes a second to recover from it...one more reason why I cant stand CS

If anyone is interested I have a few demos of me on a bhop server..youd have to watch them on 1.5 but i can send them if someone wanted...

I got the need for speed!!

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by beyerch@Dec 18 2003, 10:00 AM
i have no clue what the hell you're talking about STEAM and WON wtf is that?

Lets do Quake 1 I still play that... I played a little CS.... I know a guy sitting next to me here that could probably take all of you out at the same time in CS :)
Id like to see him try.. 1v1 just against me..

btw.. Charles wanna play some 1on1r or sq1 quake1 somtime?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info