1998 regal won't start after it rains.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
just what i want to do on my thursday night... my mom's 1998 regal with like 14 bazillion miles on it didn't start the other day after it had rained... yesterday, it ran/drove fine... today it rained this morning... won't start again.

i am going over there shortly, no idea about anything further than what I have typed really.

who wants to take bets on what it is going to be?

I don't even know where to start

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this things fucked

Regal won't start - YouTube

don't mind me attacking the ignition like i was a soolsabeast or something and move on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcoQ3O-c3AE

car started fine when i got there, about 8-10 times, i let it run a little bit each time...

then because my mom said it didn't start again today, i finally got it to not start and it wouldn't start again while i was there...

what was really weird was the last few times, the accessories wouldn't turn on or the gauges or anything... then i hit the brake pedal, everything turned on.

could the relay in the ignition relay bypass i did last year have gone bad?

i took the dash apart real quick during my lunch to look at that and it was all connected nice and pretty, and i could feel it clicking when i would hold it and try to start the car...

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
probably the spark plug wires arching out when they get wet.

james.png

I spit coffee out

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info