what in the hell is wrong with my moms car.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well dep on if its auto temp control or manual temp/fan
looks like the headlight stuff (besides the bcm controlled DRL's) ground to G201 under the left side of the inst panel while the fan/hvac controls use G200 behind the glove box on pass side of dash support.

i did find the DRL circuits take power from the 10amp HVAC fuse which is seperate from the two bigger low/high blower fuses

is this only affecting the DRl's or headlights? both? auto or manual climate controls?
wiring is probably the same but this LS is the 3100 or NA 3800?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
update-

im looking into this finally tonight- going to do that ignition switch dealio. here is what she texted me today which leads me to believe even more that is the culprit:

Update... If the fan is all the way high the heat will turn on when I start the car. If I am still going but turn heat off it will not turn back on. If I turn car off wait minute to restart car then heat will come back on. Crazy.

So yeah. that alone is making me feel ignition switch.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the root issue with the ignition switch is poor contact on the fingers usually from arcing and this only affects the circuits fed by it that dont have a separate relay switched feed.

you could pull it apart and clean it

did you ask her to gently twist and wiggle it next time and see if the systems twitch n glitch?

that last parts sounds awkward when i reread it :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the root issue with the ignition switch is poor contact on the fingers usually from arcing and this only affects the circuits fed by it that dont have a separate relay switched feed.

you could pull it apart and clean it

did you ask her to gently twist and wiggle it next time and see if the systems twitch n glitch?

that last parts sounds awkward when i reread it :rofl:

sooo is that bypass going to help me at all?

i have her car now ill try the twist n wiggle

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
keep in mind that having loads on while turning the ignition key doesnt help things.

on the digital fan controllers i believe there's a turn on delay but for most of the manual systems and resister systems leaving them on while shutting off and turning on the car increases the current draw making the arcing/pitting worse.
turn off your fan/wipers/etc before you shut it down and esp at startup with inductive spikes and all....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info