3800 Me vs Turbo Volvo

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I've had the flu all weekend, and my friend dragged me out of bed saying I had to shut this rich kid up who kept bragging about his 4cyl turbo volvo. I guess he had a some stuff done to it, including intake, exhaust, amsoil synth oil and boost controller, and has made quite a bit of money off of racing it. He thought racing me was a waste of time, especially considering I wasn't the GTP, and I only had my intake on.

He wanted to race for a minimum of $20, but I only had $2 on me, plus $5 I had to borrow from my friend ($7). The kid was trash talking how great his car was the whole time over the walkies we had, and we finally got a light, and lined up. I really didnt want to race since I was sick, but I did anyways...first to 60mph.

So we both take off and his small ass turbo spools right away, powering his RWD volvo off the line by about a car length on me, as I spun my tires through the light. As soon as I caught traction at ~20mph, I gained on him, and the kids face "went from the biggest smile ever, to a look of horror" (my friend said that). I was even with him at about 40mph, and had him by 3/4 of a car length at around 60mph, I hit almost 70mph as he called over the walkie "60, race over" and I had him by a car length. I guess the whole night he didnt say one word about his "oh so great turbo volvo," and I had dinner money in my pocket. :)

T

turbo brick

The T-5s, at least the old ones are o.k unmodded, but they lack the power to go from a stop, but from a roll they are deadly. The new ones especially the S60R are incredible, that thing hauls ass from any speed. It is fuckin incredible from about 20 though. The only other good T-5 is in the C70 and its the high compression one, very few in this area, but that thing goes too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info