2003 monte carlo lack of oil to rocker arms

monte2003ss

Dec 24, 2011
i have a 2003 monte carlo ss 3800 with turbo

i went to install 1.6 Yella Terra aluminum roller rockers with push rods

i got them installed started car now i have very little flow to the rockers arms and number 5 intake rocker arm shoots oil across the Radiator support

i have Stattama Turbo #5

LS7 lifters

and double roller and 130 springs

new oil pump and oil pressure relief valve

i have 50 lbs of oil pressure

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Well at least with it shooting out of cylinder number 5 at least the front main oil galley is getting oil my guess is is number 5 lifters check valve is leaking a bit but It should only dribble out eventually from the rocker arms it should not squirt as much as slowly flow.
If it's not the lifter plungers then more than likely you installed the pushrods upside down
one side will have striations those go towards the rocker the other side will have a small polished circle with oil coking around the edges that and goes to the lifter.
If you put the worn rocker side towards the lifter them yer oil is leaking out around the base instead of following up through the pushrod.
I'd highly suggest new if over 75/100k

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the rocker arm oil hole and pushrod only line up when near base circle.

see if you can get a wire/needle through that #5 rocker, if you can with it but not the rest it may be there are machining burrs in the way and youll need to fix em.

iirc the yt have the knurled pressed in pushrod cups so its possible aluminum got curled over into the opening.

if the pushrods are brand new then they wouldnt bleed from being installed upside down like well worn rods

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info